Looking for a fun project to make with your children or grandchildren this winter? How about window clings!? Make your own snowman window clings using these easy step by step directions. This is a great activity to beat winter boredom, when someone has the sniffles, or to just decorate your windows for winter!
Snowman Window Cling Materials:
• White Puffy Paint
• Black Puffy Paint
• Green Puffy Paint
• Orange Puffy Paint
• Brown Puffy Paint
• Pink Puffy Paint
** Note: if you don’t already own puffy paints, this 20 pack is a great price for a starter kit (and has all the colors needed for this project)
• Page Protector
• Snowman Window Cling Template
• 8 1/2″ x 11″ Paper
Snowman Window Cling Directions:
• Print out the snowman cling template using a color printer. Cut out the general shape.
• Insert a sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of paper into one of the page protectors
• Place your snowman picture into the page protector, on top of the whole sheet of paper.
• You are painting on the page protector
• Begin tracing the snowman with the puffy paint.
• Begin at the top of the snowman and work your way down. Use the same color puffy paint as the color of the snowman on the template.
• Make certain your lines of paint are thick; it will make it a lot easier to peel off the snowman window cling later.
• If some of the areas are too small to paint around, just layer your puffy paint (ex: the snowman’s smile).
• When finished, set your painted template somewhere where it will not be disturbed.
• Allow to dry for 24 hours.
• Once your snowman cling is dry, peel it off carefully.
• Your snowman cling is now ready for you to hang on your window or mirrors.
Warning: do not keep snowman on your windows for an extended period of time or during hot weather as they will be difficult to remove.
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
FOLLOW US ON: