A frittata is an egg based dish in which you combine leftover meats, cheeses and vegetables. It is the ultimate stockpile/leftover dish.
This is hubby’s version:
Artichoke and Cheese Frittata Recipe
2 TBSP butter
1/4 canned artichokes
1 cup (total) diced, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus tips or spinach
1 cup (total) shredded or diced cheese: brie, Swiss, Gouda or asiago
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/4 c half and half
6 eggs lightly beaten (or 12oz egg beaters)
• Preheat oven to 350º
• Grease a 1 quart casserole or quiche pan with 1 TBSP butter
• Drain artichokes, quarter them and place them in the bottom of the baking dish.
• Dice or shred cheese.
• Spread cheese atop the artichokes.
• In a small pan, sauté onions in 1 TBSP butter. As they soften, add mushroom, asparagus tips or spinach to onion, heat until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
• In medium sized bowl beat eggs and the half and half together.
• Add sauteed vegetables, stir to combine,
• Pour egg mixture over artichokes and cheese.
• Bake at 350º for 40 minutes or until set and edges are slightly browned.
• For a list of all recipes available on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
FOLLOW US ON: