Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
These Pecan Pie Bars are rich and delicious old fashioned pecan pie in an convenient hand-friendly, bar shape. Great for lunches, snacks and portion control, these Pecan Pie Bars are sure to delight friends and family alike.
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook time:45 minutes
• 1 3/4 cups Flour
• 3/4 cup Butter, softened
• 1/3 cup Sugar
• 1/3 cup Pecans, chopped fine
• 1 1/2 cups Dark Corn Syrup
• 2/3 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
• 4 Eggs
• 3/8 cup Flour
• 2 tsp Vanilla
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 1/2 cups Pecans, coarsely chopped
• Heat oven to 350°.
• To make the crust, combine flour, butter and sugar in bowl.
• By hand, cut in the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
• Fold in pecans.
• Press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13″x9″ baking pan.
• Bake 15-18 minutes at 350°or until edges are a light golden brown (partially baked).
• To make the filling, in a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla and salt. Mix well with a mixer.
• Add corn syrup, mixing until well blended.
• Stir in pecans by hand.
• Spread evenly over the hot, partially baked crust.
• Return filled baking dish to the oven, and continue baking for 30-35 minutes at 350° or until filling is set and knife inserted 1″ from edge comes out clean.
• Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 24 Pecan Pie Bars
Note: these are better the second day, so if you don’t have to cut them the first day to serve, hold back.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
FOLLOW US ON: