Potato – Leek Soup Recipe
Smooth and creamy, this Potato-Leek Soup recipe is a tasty way to warm up on a cold fall or winter night.
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook time:70 minutes
• 4 TBSP Butter
• 2 medium Leeks, chopped
• 2# Potatoes, peeled and diced
• 3 cups Milk
• 5 cups Chicken Stock
• 1/4 cup Dried Chives
• 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
• 1 TBSP Mrs. Dash Salt Free Seasoning
• 1 tsp Onion Powder
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
• Fresh Ground Pepper
• 4 TBSP Cornstarch
• 4 TBSP Cold Water
• In an 8 quart stockpot melt butter, add leeks and cook until soft but not brown.
• Add potatoes, milk, chicken stock and herbs and spices.
• Cover and simmer gentle for one hour, or until potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
• In a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
• Add cornstarch mixture to soup, stirring until smooth to avoid any lumps.
• Cook for 10 more minutes, then puree the soup with a stick blender.
• Add the cream to the pureed soup, heat but do not boil.
• Season with pepper.
Makes 6 quarts Potato – Leek Soup
• For a list of all recipes available on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
FOLLOW US ON: