Sunburned Strawberry Margarita Recipe
Add a little zest to a delicious, homemade strawberry margarita tonight! This sweet and spicy Sunburned Strawberry Margarita pairs wonderfully with Mexican food, party snacks, or just sipping on the deck.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Sunburned Strawberry Margarita Ingredients:
• 3 Jalapeño Slices
• 2 oz Tequila
• 1 oz Strawberry Puree
• 1 oz Lime Juice
• ½ oz Strawberry Syrup
Strawberry Syrup Ingredients:
• 4 cups Strawberries, hulled and halves
• ½ cup Sugar
• ½ cup Water
• To make the strawberry syrup:
• Heat strawberries, water and sugar over medium heat. Stirring frequently, heat until just boiling.
• Remove from heat, cover and let cool to room temperature.
• Strain for strawberry syrup.
• The remaining strawberry pulp gets pureed to create the strawberry puree.
• To make the Sunburned Strawberry Margarita:
• Place 2 jalapeño slices in a cocktail glass and muddle to release flavor.
• Add tequila, strawberry puree, lime juice and strawberry syrup to a cocktail shaker, and fill with ice.
• Shake and strain into glass.
• Top with sliced strawberries and sliced jalapeño .
• Serve Immediately
Makes 1 Sunburned Strawberry Margarita
Isn’t this a pretty drink?
Since you will have quite a bit of puree and strawberry syrup, you can easily make this into a pitcher drink to use at a party. Keep the strawberry puree and syrup stored in your refrigerator. Or, you could make strawberry iced tea!
As always, drink responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.
FOLLOW US ON: