Make Your Own Decoupage Birdhouse!
Have a plain birdhouse craft? Would you like to make it into something adorable and unique? Take a plain box birdhouse and make it a real showpiece with this easy decoupage birdhouse craft! Make your own decoupage birdhouse with these easy step by step tutorial directions.
Decoupage Birdhouse Materials:
Decoupage Birdhouse Directions:
• Paint the roof and base of your bird house with acrylic paint.
• Two coats may be necessary.
• Allow to dry completely in between coats, and before moving on to the next step.
• Cut your scrapbook paper into 1″ squares/rectangles.
• Apply Mod Podge to your unpainted part of the bird house and affix scrapbook paper. Cover the paper with additional Mod Podge.
• Begin with the corners and then continued on the other flat surfaces.
• Continue by overlapping the paper just a bit until the entire body of the house is covered.
• To cover the space around the opening, cut a curve out of a few pieces of paper (as shown) and apply around the opening.
• Cover the painted surface with Mod Podge to seal and add a little shine.
• Let set to dry.
• When dry, use white Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint Slick to add details to your birdhouse including a scalloped roof and some accents.
This is a highly customizable craft. Just pick a wooden birdhouse, any wooden birdhouse, and some scrapbook paper along with complimentary paint colors, and have at it! You can make the accents as simple or complicated as you like. The purple and white are high contrast colors that went well with the scrapbook paper chosen. If you have a sweet yellow scrapbook paper the purple would also look wonderful!
Try any color combinations that tickle your fancy. This decoupage birdhouse craft is truly simple to do, and so unique and personal to your taste.
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!