Learn how to make this copycat, homemade version of Baileys Irish Cream with this fast and easy recipe tutorial. Rich, creamy, with that slight whiskey-bite, and ready in less than a minute, this copycat Bailey recipe is simply fantastic. Make your own Irish cream to enjoy on the rocks, or in your favorite cocktail beverage.
Easy Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream Recipe
According to wiki, Baileys Irish Cream is an Irish whiskey and cream-based cooking cream, made by Diageo at Nangor Road, in Dublin, Ireland. Previously owned by Gilbeys of Ireland, the trademark is currently owned by Diageo. It has a declared alcohol content of 17% by volume.
All I know is Baileys Irish Cream is simply delicious! If you would like to make your own homemade rendition of that fabulous Baileys liquor, give this copycat version a try!! I hope you enjoy it!
● Jameson Irish Whiskey was used in this recipe. You can use your preferred brand.
● You can use mint extract OR peppermint extract. If you want to mix and match, remember it is one teaspoon total.
● This makes approximately 32-34 ounces of copycat Bailey, so keep that in mind when determining your container for storage.
● Below are several different recipes to use your homemade copycat Baileys in!
Like so many people, I enjoy a bit of Baileys in my or over ice. Here are some other delicious ways to enjoy this Copycat Baileys Irish Cream Recipe:
Homemade Baileys Latte Recipe
Makes 1-10 ounce serving that has a kick.
Homemade Baileys Latte Ingredients:
● 5 oz Freshly Brewed Coffee
● 3 oz Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream
● 2 oz Milk
Homemade Baileys Latte Directions:
● Add hot coffee and Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream to your mug or cup and stir.
● If you have a milk frother, stream your milk (or, if you do not have a frother add your milk to a mason jar and shake until it is frothy. Microwave for 20 seconds) and add milk to the coffee.
● Top with whipped cream if desired.
Homemade Baileys White Russian Recipe
A nice update to the original!
Homemade Baileys White Russian Ingredients:
● 1 oz Vodka
● .5 oz Coffee Liqueur
● 1.5 oz Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream
Homemade Baileys White Russian Directions:
● Add the vodka and Coffee Liqueur to an Old Fashioned glass with ice.
● Top with 1.5 oz Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream; stir.
● To get layered effect, pour the Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream off the back of a spoon.
Easy Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream Ingedients:
● 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 can)
● 1½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
● 1½ cups Irish Whiskey
● 1 tsp Instant Coffee
● 2 TBSP Chocolate Syrup
● 1 tsp Cocoa Extract
● 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
● 1 tsp Peppermint Extract (or mint extract)
Easy Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream Mise en Place:
● Blender or Bullet
● Measuring Cup
● Measuring Spoon
● Container for Storage
Easy Homemade Copycat Baileys Irish Cream Directions:
● In a blender or bullet, add 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, 1½ cups heavy whipping cream, 1½ cups Irish whiskey, 1 teaspoon instant coffee, 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, 1 teaspoon cocoa extract, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.
● Pulse 3-4 times to mix all ingredients thoroughly.
● Pour mixture into mason jar or bottle.
● You can use your copycat Baileys right away, or refrigerate overnight.
● Keep refrigerated.
As always, drink responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 can)
- 1½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1½ cups Irish Whiskey
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee
- 2 TBSP Chocolate Syrup
- 1 tsp Cocoa Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract (or mint extract)
- In a blender or bullet, add 1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk, 1½ cups heavy whipping cream, 1½ cups Irish whiskey, 1 teaspoon instant coffee, 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, 1 teaspoon cocoa extract, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Pulse 3-4 times to mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into mason jar or bottle.
- You can use your copycat Baileys right away, or refrigerate overnight.
- Keep refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
If you enjoy cocktails, you are gonna love these cocktail recipes:
● Baileys & Kahlua Iced Coffee Shake Recipe – A rich, decadent, delicious, cool cocktail beverage, this Baileys & Kahlua Iced Coffee Shake is simply amazing. Whether served at a summer party, enjoyed on the weekend, or just a special treat for you, this Baileys & Kahlua Iced Coffee Shake will be a big hit!
● Chocolate Bourbon Milkshake Recipe – Bourbon cocktails are very popular adult beverages, and so are boozy milkshake recipes – this is a combination of the two! If you want a wonderful boozy shake, try this smooth and creamy chocolate bourbon milkshake recipe!! It is a fabulous alcoholic milkshake recipe you can make in just minutes. And oh is it delicious. Yum.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!