Need a fantastic sangria recipe for a holiday get-together or party? This holiday cranberry sangria recipe is light and refreshing yet packed with flavor and oh so easy to make! It is the best sangria recipe for holiday celebrations; a real crowd-pleaser.
Homemade sangria is easy to make. Just pair some complimentary fresh fruits, fruit juice, liquor, and wine together, and you can come up with one festive sangria. Not only does this recipe have the perfect blend of these ingredients, but I consider it the perfect party punch during the holidays!
Holiday Cranberry Sangria Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious holiday sangria recipe, you have come to the right place. I have been changing and then tweaking this recipe for years until I came up with this delicious recipe. I mix up a few batches for Christmas Eve, and my family gets right to it! My SIL and I have been known to kill a pitcher in an evening. It truly is yummy.
Whether to ring in the new year, at your Christmas party, or Thanksgiving feast, this holiday twist on traditional sangria is the perfect drink to serve your party guests this holiday season.
Tips and variations for making this holiday cranberry sangria recipe:
● You may use two oranges.
● You may use two apples.
● Use a sweet apple such as Honeycrisp, fuji, or gala.
● Cut the fruit into chunks or slices as you prefer.
● You may substitute cane sugar for raw honey for a vegan version.
● Simple syrup is not used as raw honey provides a sweetening agent.
● Use honey brandy for a sweeter flavor!
● Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or Moscato are all good options to be used in place of the Dry Riesling if you prefer.
● Needless to say, this is not a red wine sangria; if it resembles a red blend at all, the coloring comes from the cranberry juice.
● Garnish with orange slices.
● This recipe does not contain orange juice or apple cider. If you need to substitute for cranberry juice, you might want to try one of those. Just realize it will change the taste of the sangria.
● Instead of a sangria pitcher, I just use a large pitcher I have at home. It is clear as this recipe is beautiful, as well as delicious. I did serve a d double batch in a punch bowl before. It was very full, but it worked for the occasion. If you need a big batch of winter sangria, consider that as a solution.
● You could leave out some orange peel, fresh cranberries, or sprigs of rosemary for drink garnish.
If you enjoy a festive cocktail, you are sure to love these cocktail recipes:
Holiday Cranberry Sangria Recipe Ingredients:
● ½ cup Raw Honey
● 1 cup Brandy
● 1 cup Fresh Cranberries
● 1 large Orange
● 1 large Apple
● ¾ cup Unsweetened 100% Cranberry Juice
● 750 mL Dry Riesling (1 bottle)
Holiday Cranberry Sangria Mise en Place:
Holiday Cranberry Sangria Recipe Directions:
1. Measure the honey into a 2-quart pitcher.
2. Add a small amount of brandy to the pitcher. Stir the honey until it is dissolved.
3. Wash and dry the cranberries, orange, and apple.
4. Cut off the ends of the orange and slice the rest of the orange into thin pieces. Squeeze the juice from the orange into the pitcher, and then place the spent orange slices into the pitcher.
5. Core and then cut the apple into thin slices. Place the apple slices into the pitcher.
6. Add the cranberries to the pitcher.
7. Pour in the rest of the brandy, the unsweetened cranberry juice, and the dry riesling into the pitcher. Stir gently.
8. Cover and place the holiday sangria into the fridge overnight.
9. Serve in a large wineglass garnished with additional orange slices, if desired.
As always, drink responsibly, and please don’t drink and drive.
- ½ cup Raw Honey
- 1 cup Brandy
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries
- 1 large Orange
- 1 large Apple
- ¾ cup Unsweetened 100% Cranberry Juice
- 750 mL Dry Riesling (1 bottle)
- Measure the honey into a 2-quart pitcher.
- Add a small amount of brandy to the pitcher. Stir the honey until it's dissolved.
- Wash and dry the cranberries, orange, and apple.
- Cut off the ends of the orange and slice the rest of the orange into thin pieces. Squeeze the juice from the orange into the pitcher, and then place the spent orange slices into the pitcher.
- Core and then cut the apple into thin slices. Place the apple slices into the pitcher.
- Add the cranberries to the pitcher.
- Pour in the rest of the brandy, the unsweetened cranberry juice, and the dry riesling into the pitcher. Stir gently.
- Cover and place the holiday sangria into the fridge overnight.
- Serve in a large wineglass garnished with additional orange slices, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
I wrote 12 hours for the chill time, but it is easiest to make it the night before and just put it in the fridge. This will keep well for several days in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 50gProtein: 1g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!