Are you on the keto diet and craving a tasty low-carb bread? This keto bread recipe is moist and delicious. If you are tired of dried out, bland tasting low-carb keto-friendly breads, give this fabulous keto-friendly bread recipe a try! You will be happy you did.
Keto Bread Loaf Recipe
Are you on a low-carb, ketogenic diet? Do you miss the taste and texture of bread? If the answer is yes, do I have a great tasting, easy to make, keto bread recipe for you! But first, a few questions and answers about low-carb, keto bread:
What is keto bread made of?
Keto bread is made with keto-friendly ingredients such as almond flour or coconut flour. You need a thickener, such as xanthan gum, and a leavening agent, such as baking powder. Some keto breads have sugar substitutes. Be aware that some keto-friendly sugar substitutes can have gastric side effects.
Is there any bread you can eat on the keto diet?
Yes, you CAN eat bread on a keto diet! You simply need a bread that is made with a keto-friendly flour such as almond flour or coconut flour. Flours made from wheat are not keto-friendly, as they have a lot of carbs. That is why people on a low-carb diet are always looking for a bread that will not increase their carb count.
What is the healthiest low carb bread?
The healthiest low carb breads should exclude wheat flour, white flour, etc. so you can maintain your low-carb daily restriction No sugar. We also look for breads that do not have too many odd ingredients, but that is personal preference. Low-carb has come a long way in the last five years with commercial substitutes.
Hubby has been on Keto for a few years now. Sonny-boy and his girlfriend are also on the keto diet. As anyone on the keto diet knows, loss of bread is a real negative to the diet. Sometimes, you just crave bread!!
And, if you are on the keto diet, you know just how much it costs to purchase keto-friendly breads. The last one Hubby store-bought (at Whole Foods) was $15!! Granted it was moist and tasty – most store-bought keto breads are dry and bland, in my opinion – but for a tasty keto bread, this one beats anything he’s purchased at the store or online.
This keto-friendly, low-carb bread is delicious. I am not on the keto diet, and I really enjoy this recipe. There is nothing funky in it, and it tastes great, especially when paired with this keto Keto Sugar Free Jam Recipe.
While I have not yet done it, Hubby and I were talking about the variations we could do to this bread. I simply have not gotten there yet:
● Cheese and herb topping, especially while making these in a muffin tin!
● Cooked in a jelly-roll pan as focaccia with herbs, cheese, spices, jalapeño, pepperoni, salami bits, etc. I have meant to try this for him, so if you do it, please let me know how it turned out!!
● I think this would make a great pepperoni bread too.
● I will get there with these variations, I am just not sure when!
Keto Bread Loaf Recipe Notes:
● You can use a mixer (stand or hand) or mix the batter by hand for this recipe. I use a stand-mixer.
● This bread has an eggy-quick bread texture.
● This bread makes excellent French toast! It is also a great toasting bread.
● This bread is very filling.
● Please make sure your eggs are at room temperature!
● 1 stick of Butter = 8 Tablespoons
● Note – if your loaf pan is a tad smaller or larger than 9×5, simply watch the baking times to make certain you do not under or overcook your bread.
Keto Bread Loaf Recipe Ingredients:
9 TBSP Unsalted Butter
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
7 Eggs, at room temperature
2 cups Almond flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Xanthan Gum
Pinch of Salt
Keto Bread Loaf Mise en Place:
Keto Bread Loaf Recipe Directions:
1. Grease a 9″x 5″ bread loaf pan. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Melt one tablespoon of butter, and add one tablesppon of coconut oil. Stir until dissolved, and let cool for a minute.
4. Using a stand mixer, beat the seven eggs that are at room temperature.
5. Add the butter and oil mixture to the eggs.
6. In a separate mixing bowl, combine two cups of almond flour, two tespoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine these dry ingredients.
7. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
8. Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf pan, and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
9. Let the bread cool completely, remove from the loaf pan, slice and serve.
- 9 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 7 Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- Pinch of Salt
- Grease a 9"x 5" bread loaf pan. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter, and add one tablespoon of coconut oil. Stir until dissolved, and let cool for a minute.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the seven eggs that are at room temperature.
- Add the butter and oil mixture to the eggs.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine two cups of almond flour, two teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of xanthan gum, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine these dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf pan, and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
- Let the bread cool completely, remove from the loaf pan, slice, and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
If you are on a low-carb, keto diet you might want to try these recipes:
● Deviled Eggs with a Kick Recipe – Like a bit of a kick to your deviled eggs? This deviled egg recipe contains a secret ingredient that packs some real heat. These delicious little devils can be served as an appetizer, or side dish. Perfect anytime of year.
● Low Carb Parmesan and Caraway Crackers Recipe – If you are on a low carb diet, or even if you’re not, these easy to make Parmesan and caraway seed crackers are a delicious, simple to make, snack. In just a few minutes you can enjoy the great bite of Parmesan cheese with a dash of caraway in convenient cracker chip form. A fabulous low carb snack!
● Slow Cooker Cabbage and Sausage Soup Recipe – This keto friendly, low-carb friendly slow cooker soup recipe has that smoky, slightly salty sausage flavor mixed with yummy nutritious cabbage. Easy to make, this wonderful cabbage and sausage soup is an excellent lunch, dinner, or soup appetizer and really hits the spot on a cold day. Yum!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!