This easy to make slow cooker pork recipe is simply delicious! The root beer pulled pork recipe is sweet and tasty – perfect for family dinner, leftovers for lunch, or when you are craving a pulled pork sandwich.
Slow Cooker Recipe: Root Beer Barbecue Pulled Pork
Nothing is tastier than a pulled pork sandwich, but who wants to go through all that work!? Well, make your pork in a slow cooker! It is ready when you are, and no work beyond using two forks to shred. Easy-peasy, and oh so good. We will make the shredded barbecue pork for dinner one night, then have leftovers for lunch the next day. The rest of the barbecue pork is frozen and defrosted for pork sandwiches. You may have a different idea on using up all this fabulous tasting meat.
Slow Cooker Recipe: Root Beer Barbecue Pulled Pork Notes:
● You can freeze leftovers for later reheating. Just make certain you use freezer grade containers. Hubby buys them in giant packs, and we keep the extras down the basement. Our freezer sometimes looks like a frozen soup factory exploded in it. We freeze soup, stews, leftovers, garden vegetables, etc for later use all year long!
● You can use any commercially made barbecue sauce you like, any flavor you like. Sweet Baby Rays was used as people like sweet!
● You can use any commercially made root beer you like. As with all drinks, different root beers have different flavor botes – from sassafras (artificial these days) to vanilla tones to a more molasses-y flavor, not all root beers are created equal. Get what you like.
● Always consult your slow cooker directions as the times I have listed may cook slower or faster depending on your unit.
Slow Cooker Recipe: Root Beer Barbecue Pulled Pork Ingredients:
● ½ Onion, diced
● 6lb Pork Shoulder Roast
● Dash Dalt
● 2 cups Root Beer
● 2 cups commercially made Barbecue Sauce
Slow Cooker Recipe: Root Beer Barbecue Pulled Pork Mise en Place:
Slow Cooker Recipe: Root Beer Barbecue Pulled Pork Directions:
● Dice half of a medium-sized onion.
● Wash and pat try a 6 pound pork shoulder roast.
● Place the pork shoulder roast into a slow cooker.
● Top the pork shoulder roast with the diced onions and a dash of salt.
● Pour 2 cups of root beer over the top of the pork shoulder roast and onions.
● Cook on high for 4 – 5 hours or low for 8 – 9 hours.
● Pour off the extra pop.
● Remove the pork shoulder roast from the slow cooker and using two knives, pull the pork apart.
● Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and add 2 cups of barbecue sauce. Mix well.
● Serve hot on buns or over rice.
- ½ Onion, diced
- 6lb Pork Shoulder Roast
- Dash Dalt
- 2 cups Root Beer
- 2 cups commercially made Barbecue Sauce
- Dice half of a medium-sized onion.
- Wash and pat try a 6 pound pork shoulder roast.
- Place the pork shoulder roast into a slow cooker.
- Top the pork shoulder roast with the diced onions and a dash of salt.
- Pour 2 cups of root beer over the top of the pork shoulder roast and onions.
- Cook on high for 4 – 5 hours or low for 8 – 9 hours.
- Pour off the extra pop.
- Remove the pork shoulder roast from the slow cooker and using two knives, pull the pork apart.
- Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and add 2 cups of barbecue sauce. Mix well.
- Serve hot on buns or over rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenMade Measuring Cups Stainless Steel 6 Piece Stackable Set
hOmeLabs 6 Quart Slow Cooker Pot - Digital Programmable Slow Cooker Crock - 10 Hour Timer Auto Shut Off and Instant Food Warmer - Oval Nonstick Removable Crock Stoneware and Stainless Steel Exterior
Vettore Non Slip Poly Cutting Boards With Juice Groove Dishwasher Safe BPA Free Plastic FDA Approved Rubber Feet (2 Piece Set, Black)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 762Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 643mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 53g
If you like slow cooker recipes, you might enjoy these tasty slow cooker delights:
● Slow Cooker Orange Soda Pop Chicken Recipe – Tired of boring slow cooker chicken recipes? Jazz up your chicken dinner with this unusual orange chicken recipe featuring orange pop!
● Slow Cooker Spicy Pork Spareribs Recipe – Make these delicious, tender spicy pork spareribs (also called pork side ribs or spares) for dinner tonight using this fabulous slow cooker spicy pork spareribs recipe.
● Slow Cooker London Broil Recipe – Take an inexpensive cut of London Broil to new heights with this delicious slow cooker recipe. Tender and tasty slices of beef, beautifully done vegetables in a savory broth served over rice makes for one satisfying family dinner.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!