1. In a large pot, add oil, butter, onion, red bell pepper, thyme, cumin, and turmeric.
2. Saute until the onion and peppers are tender, but not brown – approximately 5-8 minutes.
3. Add corn, potatoes, and stock.
4. Cover, turn heat to high, bring to a boil and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
5. Remove 2 cups of corn and potatoes from the pot. Blend remaining soup with a stick blender.
6. Return reserved 2 cups of corn and potatoes to the pot.
7. Slowly add the corn starch mixture to the soup, stirring constantly.
8. Return to a boil and allow to thicken slightly.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in heavy cream.
10. Allow to sit at room temperature for an hour.
11. Reheat and sprinkle with chives, scallions or red pepper flakes before serving.
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.