Homemade Autumn Spice Soy Candles
Easily and inexpensively make your own Homemade Autumn Spice Soy Candles! These are great for gifts or to scent your own home during the fall and holiday season. These Homemade Autumn Spice Soy Candles are a fun DIY project that yields great results!
How’s this for a super cute, unique candle idea? The bonus is it is a soy candle, so no build up on the walls or ceiling. I absolutely adore soy candles. They are my go-to candle when buying, and now when making.
Homemade Autumn Spice Soy Candles Materials:
• 2 cups Soy Wax
• 1 Candlewick
• Large Nonstick Pot
• Measuring Cup
• Measuring Spoons
• Wooden Spoon
• Chopstick or Wood Stick or Pencil
• 1 Light Brown or Tan Crayon
• ½ tsp Apple Pie Spice
• ½ tsp Nutmeg
• ½ tsp Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Dried Cloves, divided
Homemade Autumn Spice Soy Candles Directions:
• Place your candlewick in a teacup.
• To hold the candlewick in place, wrap the top around a pencil or chopstick.
• Place the stick over the teacup and let the bottom of it drop to the bottom. A weighted candlewick does this nicely and settles on its own.
• Begin by heating the soy wax flakes on low heat right on your stove top. It is best to use a non stick pot to help avoid burning and sticking.
• Continue to stir the soy candle flakes as they slowly melt. Be sure to keep the liquid moving so it does not stick or clump.
• Note: if microwaving, microwave in 30-60 second bursts stirring before setting the next time. This particular formula is best done on the stove, but you can make adjustments if you want to microwave.
• DO NOT use food coloring to color your candle. It will clump and not mix. Instead, use a brown or tan crayon to color the soy wax. Peel the crayon so as no wrapper remains, and then break then break the crayons into small pieces. Drop the pieces into the soy candle mixture and stir well until completely dissolved.
• Add the apple pie spice, nutmeg and cinnamon; continue to stir well.
• Add half of the cloves; continue to stir well. Note: you can add all the cloves at once if you like. In this tutorial half are held back for visual appeal.
• The color of the wax may darken, but that is fine and expected.
• Store your Homemade Autumn Spice Soy Candles in a room that is cool to allow them time to harden.
• After hour one, you will notice the top beginning to look firmer.
• Drop the rest of the cloves in at this time so they rest on the top of the candle.
• Return your candle to the cool room to finish setting. It may take 4 hours until your candle is completely set.
• Once the mixture has hardened you can snip the candlewick to shorten it.
• Light and enjoy!
Safety tip: never leave a lit candle unattended!
• If you frequent thrift stores, you may want to look for clear teacups there.
• This is a super easy project! You can dress up your cups with ribbons when giving as a gift! Think teachers, small gift exchanges, housewarming presents, stocking stuffers and more!
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!