Easy DIY Office Mat Décor
Update your office floor mat with this easy to do, stylish and fun, decorated floor mat. Need a floor mat for underneath your office chair to protect your rug but are tired of the boring ones sold at office supply stores? Or, do have a mat at home you would like to freshen and update? Liven up your office space with this easy, DIY office floor mat project.
This is a fun “dress up” project for an office mat, to match existing room décor. You are not married to the colors below… change the colors to match your existing room décor colors! This would be an especially fun project for a teens room and their desk. It is such a simple project, that your teen could probably help.
Easy DIY Office Mat Decor Materials:
● Office Mat – note: there are spikes on the bottom of office mats for rugs, and no spikes on office mats for hardwood floors.
● Coral Blush DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint
● These Apple Barrel Brand Acrylic Paints were used on this project:
● 21379 Pink Blush
● 21481 Key West
● 21473 Pale Daffodil
● 21480 Lime Street
● 20520 Lavender
● Paper Plates
● Disposable jar lids, buckets, bowls in various sizes
● Rust-Oleum 2xUltra Cover Paint + Primer in Aqua Satin
● Large Cardboard or Tarp
● Straight Edge
● Sharp Utility Knife
Easy DIY Office Mat Decor Directions:
● Use a straight edge and make a line to cut off the lip of the chair mat.
● Use a utility knife to cut the mat.
● On a protected (use cardboard or a tarp) and flat surface, begin to make your circles.
● Pour various colors of paint onto paper plates and stamp them into the paint and onto the mat. Take the circular disposable container (jar, paint can, etc), dip the rim into your paint, and then press onto your mat.
● Make the layout random and fun. Overlapping and even irregularly outlined circles are best.
● Allow to dry completely.
● Take your Rust-Oleum 2xUltra Cover Paint + Primer in Aqua Satin and paint the mat using long even strokes. Cover the dry paint circles.
● Allow to dry completely.
● Apply a second coat of the Rust-Oleum 2xUltra Cover Paint + Primer in Aqua Satin (or whatever color you have chosen for this project).
● Depending on the size of your mat, you will use the entire can.
● Let your Easy DIY Office Mat Décor dry for a minimum of 24 hours (until completely set) before putting onto the floor.
This is just a guess (I have not done it), buuuuuut I think this could work with any of the vinyl mats. The higher the traffic the more possibility for wear, but if you are trying to dress up a floor mat, it is definitely something to consider.
● Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!