Looking for a state sales tax holiday this year? Here’s a list of dates, and what will be excempt. Check to see if your state is on the list:
2013 State Sales Tax Holidays
● Alabama Sales Tax Holiday: Beginning at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on Friday August 2, 2013, and ending at twelve midnight on Sunday August 4, 2013, Alabama will hold its eighth annual sales tax holiday giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain school supplies, computers, and clothing free of state sales or use tax. list of participating cities and counties.
● Arkansas Sales Tax Holiday: Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday August 3, 2013, and ending at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday August 4, 2013, the State of Arkansas will hold its sales tax holiday allowing shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain School Supplies, School Art Supplies, School Instructional Materials, and clothing free of state and local sales or use tax.
● Georgia Sales Tax Holidays: 12:01 A.M. on August 9, 2013, and conclude at 12:00 Midnight on August 10, 2013
A second period to commence at 12:01 A.M. on October 4, 2013, and conclude at 12:00 Midnight on October 6, 2013.
List of excemptions
● Massachusetts Sales Tax Holiday: August 10-11, 2013
● New Mexico Sales Tax Holiday August 2-4, 2013
● North Carolina Sales Tax Holiday: Between 12:01 AM on the first Friday of August and 11:59 PM the following Sunday. August 2-4, 2013
● Oaklahoma Sales Tax Holiday: First weekend in August (2-4)
● South Carolina Sales Tax Holiday: the three-day sales tax exemption occurs from 12:01AM ET on the first Friday in August and ends at midnight the following Sunday, August 2-4, 2013
● Tennessee Sales Tax Holiday: is held every year on the first Friday in August and ends the following Sunday night. This year’s tax-free holiday weekend begins at 12:01 a.m on Friday, August 2 and ends Sunday, August 4 at 11:59 p.m.
● Texas Sales Tax Holiday: In 2013, Texas shoppers get a break from state and local sales taxes on Aug. 16, 17 and 18 – the state’s annual tax holiday. As in previous years, the law exempts most clothing, footwear, school supplies and backpacks priced under $100 from sales and use taxes.
● Virginia Sales Tax Holidays:
May 25-31, 2013: Hurricane and Emergency Preparedness Equipment
August 2-4, 2013: School Supplies and Clothing
October 11-14, 2013: Energy Star and WaterSense Qualified Products
● Wisconsin Sales Tax Holidays (possible)