Make your own Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes
Invigorating Sugar Scrub Cubes made with pure Spearmint Essential Oil. If you are a fan of making your own body products and you love using a good scrub at bath time then you will really like this Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes recipe. They are super easy to make; about 10 minutes to prepare, plus cool time. These Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes smell so good and make your skin feel wonderful too.
If you like the smell of spearmint, you will fall in love with these easy to make Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes. This is a very easy DIY beauty product you will want to make again and again!
Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes Mise en Place:
• 1 – 2 Silicone Tray Molds (if your molds are deep, this recipe makes one tray. If your molds are standard, this recipe requires 2 molds) Heart Shaped Silicone Mold and here are Square Silicone Molds
• Measuring Spoons
• Glass Measuring Cup
Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes Ingredients:
• ½ cup Glycerin Soap Base
• 2 drops Food Coloring (if you’d like colored sugar scrubs – otherwise, these will be white)
• 1 tsp Jojoba Oil
• ¾ cup White Sugar
• 10 drops pure spearmint essential oil
• Spearmint Leaves
• Jar (plus ribbon if you like!)
Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes Directions:
• Pour a dusting of sugar across the bottom of your glass dish, approximately ¼” – ½” thick. This is what makes the pretty layer on the top of your scrub cubes when the project is finished.
• NOTE: This soap base sets up very quickly so you will need to have your additional ingredients prepared for the next steps or you may have to pop it back in the microwave another time or two in order to get the scrub well mixed.
• Microwave in 20 second intervals until it becomes a liquid. The Glycerin Soap Base gets gooey really fast. Stir after every 20 second microwaving until the glycerin soap base is liquefied and no lumps are remaining.
• Stir in Jojoba Oil, Food Coloring and Pure Spearmint Essential Oil; stir well.
• Note: if your mixture gets lumpy, it won’t spread well, so microwave it again.
• Now, fill each cube almost to the top.
• Fill each silicone mold cube almost to the top.
• Add spearmint leaves; place one spearmint leave into each silicone mold cube in the center and the scrub will form around it. This is a really nice touch, so I urge you not to skip this step, especially if these are gifts.
• Let the cubes set up for about 15-20 minutes; make certain they are cooled and set. To be sure your Spearmint Sugar Scrub Cubes have set, feel the centers on the bottom to be sure they are not hot still before popping them out.
(I made the mistake of trying it too early when one looked set on the top and then the whole middle spilled out!)
• You’re all done. Store in a glass jar.
Note: None of this is meant as medical advice. I am not a doctor, and do not play one on the internet. Please consult a physician if you have any questions about using essential oils or sugar scrubs so your doctor can better explain to you the benefits, possible side effects, and any warnings about essential oils and sugar scrubs.
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
FOLLOW US ON: