DIY Pineapple Candle Holder
Make your own adorable DIY Pineapple Candle Holder. This step by step tutorial will show you how to easily make pineapples from a wine glass! This craft is perfect for a centerpiece, mantel decor or table decorations throughout the year. Pineapples symbolized hospitality, so make a few of these and give them as a housewarming gift, bridal shower or birthday present, or just because! If you are looking for a cute craft project, this is it!
DIY Pineapple Candle Holder Materials:
• Any Wine Glass
• Paint Brushes #8 and #2 Flat Tip
• Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Paints Colors used: Dark Green, Bright Green, Light Yellow, Bright Yellow, and Black
• Small Easel or Paper Plate
• Tea light or Votive Candle. Flameless Candles would work really well!
DIY Pineapple Candle Holder Directions:
• Squeeze a small puddle of bright yellow and dark green paint on a small easel or paper plate.
• With a #8 paint brush, paint the bowl and inside of your wine glass with bright yellow paint and let dry (use your hair dryer for quicker dry time).
• Paint the stem and base of your wine glass with your dark green paint. • Allow to dry.
• Once your glass is dry, paint on a second coat of each color repeating the steps above.
• Allow to dry completely.
• Squeeze a small puddle of light yellow and bright green paint on a small easel or paper plate.
• Now use your lighter yellow paint to paint vertical stripes onto your bright yellow bowl to add a little dimension to the pineapple.
• Use your bright green paint to paint stripes onto your stem.
• Allow to dry.
• Squeeze a small puddle of black paint on a small easel or paper plate.
• Using black paint and a #2 paint brush, paint diagonal lines crisscrossing each other on the yellow globe of the wine glass over the dried yellow paints.
• Now use the end of your paint brush to dip in your black paint and in the center of each quadrilateral that was made with the black crisscrosses (basically a black dot in the middle of each quadrilateral).
• Allow to dry.
• Once your glass is dry, place a votive candle on the base of the wine glass and display.
This is one easy craft to make! Use more than one wine glass, staggering sizes and heights, to make a beautiful centerpiece you can display year-round. Two pineapple wine glasses would look great on a mantel. These are simply adorable, and definitely attract attention.
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!