Say cheese, please! Do you love cheese or know someone how does? From books to supplies, from utensils to gift sets, this list of 15 fabulous gifts for cheese loves is anything but cheesy!
15 Fabulous Gifts for Cheese Lovers
When Hubby and I traveled through a good portion of Italy last year, we went with the intention of eating, drinking, and relaxing our way through the Italian countryside. Our six-week trip was simply marvelous, and one of the highlights was all the terrific cheeses we got to try. One of the high points of our time in Bologna was a trip to see how Parmigiano-Reggiano is made! Yum!
When we came home we made it an even bigger priority to keep some really great cheeses on hand at all times. We have always kept a wheel of Gouda in the fridge as it is Hubby’s favorite cheese. We brought home a huge wheel from Aruba, and if we make it to the Netherlands on our next European vacation, we will get a wheel one while there. (Aruba is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.) And, we live in New York State which is home to some tterrific dairy cheeses so having great cheese on hand at all times is pretty easy. And tasty.
Did you know there was a National Cheese Lover’s Day? Americans celebrate all things cheesy on January 20, one of 18 specific days honoring cheese. If you have ever walked into the grocery store “just to pick up a few things” and strolled out with two kinds of goat cheese, then you understand when I say cheese life is real!
Cheese lovers are a unique bunch and it is only fair that since they have a special day (or 18!), we should be able to get them unique gifts. I have put together a selection of some terrific gifts for cheese lovers. Pour a glass of wine, and enjoy going through these gift ideas for cheese lovers.
● Cheesemaking Kit – This contains all the ingredients needed to get started making your own cheeses and would be an ideal gift for any cheese lover. The recipes are easy to follow and are suitable for either a beginner or a novice.
● Cheese Knife Set – Cheese knives are essential for cheese lovers. They make a splendid gift idea for any occasion for that cheese fanatic. Think about house warming, weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries; let them spread the cheese with a luxurious set of knives.
● Have someone who loves to cook? This apron of vintage cheeses wouldn’t be a cheesy gift!
● Rotary Cheese Grater – Cheese lovers will tell you that they sometimes come across hard cheeses like parmesan and romano. Such a person will smile at the sight of a rotary grater.
● Marble cheese board – Cheese lovers will need a gorgeous board to display their beautiful cheese at their next party. This is a perfect gift for them, thanks to the beautiful finish, which is easy to clean.
● Vault Cheese Storage Box – Keeping cheese fresh can be a challenge, especially if the fridge is fully stocked with half-eaten blocks and wedges. This cheese storage box is the ideal way to store cheese while keeping the flavor intact.
● The Cheese Lovers Cookbook – Cheese lovers are always running to discover new ways to enjoy their cheeses. The 90 cheese-packed recipes in this book are ideal to satisfy their cravings.
● Cheese Labels and Chalk Markers – When you are putting out a cheese tray with many different kinds of cheese, it is a great idea to label the cheeses so that everyone knows what they will be enjoying. These labels are commonly made from natural black slate stone, hard but light enough to hold them up. This would make an excellent gift for any occasion, and guests will compliment that cheese fanatic. Their beauty is that they fit perfectly well with any cheese board and are easy to clean.
● Bee’s Wrap Cheese Wrap – This is a fantastic gift for cheesemongers, cheese lovers or get some for yourself. This cheese wrap will keep cheese fresh and is especially great for cheeses that need to remain separated from others due to more intense flavors. We use cheese wrap for our pricier cheeses, and they work a lot better than plastic wrap.
● Cheese Wine Stoppers – Of course, the perfect cheese needs the ideal wine, and these cheese wine stoppers make a great novelty gift!
● Grilled Cheese and Beer: Recipes for the Finer Things in Life – If your cheese lover is a more well-rounded foodie, they probably love to experiment in the kitchen. This cookbook results from a collaboration between a brewer and a chef, and it includes over 50 expertly paired sandwich recipes!
● Gourmet Cheese Lover’s Sampler Gift Basket – This sampler basket contains nine different kinds of cheese. It’s a great way to introduce someone to various cheeses, especially if they live somewhere where they have not been able to explore Whole Food’s cheese selection yet. This also makes a good gift if you have new foodies in your life who are just starting to really get on that foodie journey, and you would like to help them expand their horizons.
● Cheese Board Set – Made from eco-friendly, sustainably grown and 100% natural bamboo, this cheese board, and cutlery set is an all-in-one for those who may be short on cupboard space!
● The Book of Cheese: The Essential Guide to Discovering Cheeses You’ll Love – So we’ve covered the cheese newbies, let’s move on to the advanced course. The Book of Cheese covers them all. If you know someone who loves to experiment with new foods, flavors, and adventures, and who has already enjoyed what author Liz Thorpe calls the “Gateway Cheeses,” then this book will help your cheese-loving friends find their next cheesy adventure!
I am sure by now, you must have realized that finding gifts for cheese lovers should not be a daunting task. Surprise that friend whose “cheese drawer” is their entire fridge. These selfless gifts will show the cheese lover in your life that you truly “get them.” Where there is cheese, there is happiness.
● This cheese grater set is functional, and beautiful. The flat Italian Graters are stainless steel and strong enough to hold up for years of use. Cherry wood handle insets give them a distinctive feel. The combination Grater/Serving Bowl is lightly oiled Cherry wood, with a fine grater that pops out easily for cleaning or serving.
Surprise that friends and/or family members whose “cheese drawer” is their entire fridge. These selfless gifts will show the cheese lover in your life that you truly understand their passion. Where there is cheese, there is happiness.
What goes well with cheese? Well, wine of course! If your cheese lover also loves the vino, you will want to check out these 15 Fun and Useful Gifts for Wine Lovers!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!