Chocolate Sundae Cookies Recipe
Decadent, delicious and sweet creamy chocolate combines with marshmallows and maraschino cherries for a truly magical Chocolate Sundae Cookies Recipe treat!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
• 2/3 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
• 1/2 cup Shortening
• 1 Egg
• 2 squares Unsweetened Chocolate, melted
• 1/4 cup Maraschino Cherry Juice
• 1/4 cup Maraschino Cherries, snipped
• 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
• 2 TBSP Milk
• 1 1/2 cups Flour
• 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 2 dozen Large Marshmallows, halved
• 11 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
• 2 TBSP Shortening
• Preheat Oven to 350°
• Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
• In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
• Beat together brown sugar and shortening with a mixer until well blended.
• Add eggs; beat well.
• Add maraschino cherry juice, milk and melted unsweetened chocolate squares.
• Slowly add your flour mixture to the brown sugar mixture in the mixing bowl; mix until combined.
• Remove batter from mixer, and stir in with a spoon your snipped cherries and chopped walnuts.
• By heaping teaspoonfuls drop your cookie batter onto your parchment lined cookie sheet.
• Bake in your preheated 350° oven for 13-15 minutes.
• As soon as your baked cookie comes out of the oven, place a marshmallow half onto of the freshly baked cookie and press the marshmallow down slightly to ensure it sticks to the cookie below.
• Bake and top all cookies.
• Using a double boiler, melt your milk chocolate chips with your shortening.
• Drizzle the melted chocolate over the tops of the marshmallows and cookie.
• Let drizzled cookies dry on a wire rack.
• Store cookies in an air tight container.
Makes 48 Chocolate Sundae Cookies
Today is Day 8 of 15 Days of Holiday Sweets! this Chocolate Sundae Cookies Recipe is brought to you courtesy of Didi from Dishin with Didi. Didi Dalaba makes her home in New York, Toronto and Greece. Getting dinner on the table for her family without breaking the budget is very important to Didi. You will find her creating delicious, economical meals at dishinwithdidi.com.
Doesn’t this look decadent! What a sweet and tasty treat. The Chocolate Sundae Cookies Recipe originally appeared in the Good Housekeeping Complete Christmas Cookbook – 1967, so a definite classic you will want to make this holiday season (or anytime… these would be awesome as an after school treat!).
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article! On confirmation, you will receive a link to the free eBook: A Baker’s Dozen of Holiday Sweets! Offer available through New Year’s Day 2015 (1/1/15).