Honey Lemon Chicken with Rice
This Honey Lemon Chicken with Rice recipe is sweet-tart, and so tender you can cut it with a fork. The rice cooks so well, and absorbs so many flavors, you’d think you were eating risotto – without the time or stirring! Simply delicious.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
• 1 tsp Lemon Zest
• 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
• 1 1/4 cups Chicken Stock
• 2 TBSP Raw Honey
• 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
• 3 TBSP Cooking Oil
• 4 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half horizontally, and then vertically
• 1/2 cup Scallions, diced
• 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, diced
• 3/4 cup Medium Grain Rice (uncooked)
• 1/4 tsp Pepper
• 1 TBSP Honey Flavored Bourbon
• Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, chicken stock, honey, honey bourbon and soy sauce in a bowl, set aside.
• Heat the cooking oil in a large pot with a cover.
• Brown chicken breasts in the hot oil, 2 minutes each side.
• Remove chicken breasts from the oil, and add the scallions and yellow onion to the oil, saute until soft.
• Add rice, pepper and broth mixture, top with the browned chicken breasts.
• Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
• Remove from heat, allow to sit covered 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings of Lemon Honey Chicken with Rice
• For a list of all recipes available on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.