Perfectly cooked, easy to peel, hard boiled eggs in about 15 minutes! Easy to peel hard boiled eggs are not a myth; simply follow these step by step instructions on how to hard boil eggs in an instant pot. (Also included are instructions on how to soft boil eggs in an instant pot.)
How to Hard Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot
I do not know about you, but I tend to overcook my hard-boiled eggs when I make them on the stove. It also seems to take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to do – apparently, that time-worn saying about “a watched pot never boils” is true.
Other people seem to have issues with undercooking hard boiled eggs.
If you are looking for the easiest method to hard boil eggs, get out your instant pot: perfect hard boiled eggs in about 15 minutes!
How to make Soft Boiled Eggs in an Instant Pot:
Simply follow the instructions below, but pressure cook for 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes.
How to Hard Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot Notes:
● Read the directions on your instant pot.
● Follow the directions on your instant pot!
● You want to plunge your cooked, hard-boiled eggs into an ice bath (a bowl large enough to hold water + ice + the cooked eggs), or at the very least a bowl filled with cold water (and keep the cold faucet water running into that bowl of water in the sink) to stop the eggs from cooking more once you have removed them from the instant pot.
Recipes using hard boiled eggs:
● Deviled Eggs with a Kick Recipe – Like a bit of a kick to your deviled eggs? This deviled egg recipe contains a secret ingredient that packs some real heat. These delicious little devils can be served as an appetizer or side dish. Perfect any time of year.
● Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe – Tired of the same old deviled eggs? This easy to make recipe spices up your basic humdrum deviled eggs for an interesting and exotic take on the old standard. This flavor-packed curried deviled eggs recipe is simply fabulous!
How to Hard Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot Ingredients:
● 6 large Eggs
● 1 cup Water
How to Hard Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot Mise en Place:
How to Hard Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot Directions:
1. Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot insert.
2. Carefully place 6 eggs on the trivet.
3. Add a cup of water.
4. Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
5. Select the “Pressure Cook” mode. Adjust the ‘Pressure Level’ to “high” and adjust the time, with the “- / +” to 5 minutes.
6. When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the natural way for 5 minutes and then using a thick tea towel, turn the pressure valve to “Venting” position to do the quick release.
7. Using tongs, carefully take the eggs out and place them in an ice bath or running cold water for 5 minutes.
8. Peel immediately and use in your favorite recipe or store in the air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot insert.
- Carefully place 6 eggs on the trivet.
- Add a cup of water.
- Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the "Sealing" position.
- Select the "Pressure Cook" mode. Adjust the 'Pressure Level' to "high" and adjust the time, with the "- / +" to 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the natural way for 5 minutes, and then using a thick tea towel, turn the pressure valve to the "Venting" position to do the quick release.
- Using tongs, carefully take the eggs out and place them in an ice bath or running cold water for 5 minutes.
- Peel immediately and use in your favorite recipe or store in the air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Harringdons Kitchen Dish Towels Set of 12-Tea Towels 100% Cotton. Large Dish Cloths 28"x20" Soft and Absorbent. White with Blue, Green and red Stripes, 4 of Each. There's no Substitute for Quality
KitchenMade Measuring Cups Stainless Steel 6 Piece Stackable Set
The Original Popco Tongs, Set of 3-7,9,12 inches, Heavy Duty, Stainless Steel Bbq and Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tips (Can Also Be Used as Ice Tongs and Sugar Tongs) (Multi)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
If you would like more instant pot recipes, try these:
● Instant Pot Hearty Beef Barley Soup Recipe – Beef barley soup is the ultimate comfort food! This hearty beef barley soup recipe is loaded with beef and vegetables, so thick and delicious it will remind you of grandma’s recipe. Perfect for lunch or dinner, this instant pot beef barley soup is fantastic on a cold day.
● Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe – Easy to make, totally delicious, this instant pot cream of mushroom soup so good. The creamy goodness of this mushroom soup will have your family asking for seconds!
● Apple, Ham, and Cheese Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe – This yummy instant pot breakfast recipe is perfect for cooler days. If you have leftover ham, an apple, and some cheese, you are going to want to make this outstanding Apple, Ham, and Cheese Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe for breakfast today. Yum!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!