Tired of the same old deviled eggs? This easy to make recipe spices up your basic humdrum deviled eggs for an interesting and exotic take on the old standard. This flavor-packed curried deviled eggs recipe is simply fabulous!
Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe
Want to know how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs in just about 15 minutes? Click here for the secret to making perfect hard-boiled eggs!
If you like unique, yet easy to make, deviled eggs recipes, try my deviled eggs with a kick recipe. This deviled egg recipe contains a secret ingredient that packs some real heat. These delicious little devils can be served as an appetizer or side dish.
How to transport deviled eggs:
I highly recommend the Snapware Snap ‘N Stack 2 Layer Food Storage W/ Egg Holder Trays if you need to transport deviled eggs. I am madly in love with snapware, and this container is reasonably priced, gets your eggs there without them moving or getting squashed, and you can put thin ice packs underneath the trays to keep the eggs cold while transporting. I also use this for storing in the fridge. I have two, so simply stack them when making a lot of deviled eggs for a large party!
Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe Notes:
● To make this recipe keto friendly, skip the Greek yogurt and substitute 1/3 cup of Mayonnaise (this would be in addition to the ¼ cup of mayo listed in the recipe).
● In case you are not serving the curried deviled eggs immediately, do not garnish. Cover and keep them refrigerated. Garnish just before serving.
● Many people use a star tip in their piping bag for a “fancier” look. If you do not want to use a piping bag, a spoon works great to fill the whites with the yolk mixture.
Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe Ingredients:
● 6 Hardboiled Eggs
● 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
● ¼ cup Mayonnaise
● 2 tsp Spice Brown Mustard (or Dijon Mustard)
● 1 heaping tsp Curry Powder
● ½ tsp Smoked Paprika + ¼ tsp for garnish
● Salt to taste
● Pepper to taste
● Finely chopped Chives, garnish
Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe Mise en Place:
Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe Directions:
1. Cut the 6 hardboiled eggs lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
2. Place the yolks in a bowl and set the whites aside.
3. Mash the yolk with a fork in the bowl until the yolk is pebble sized.
4. Add 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard, 1 heaping teaspoon of curry powder, ½ tsp of smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste to the crumbled yolks. Mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
5. Fill a piping bag with the yolk mixture. You can use a Ziploc baggie too.
6. Snip the end of the piping bag and fill all the hollowed egg white cavities with the yolk mixture.
7. Sprinkle a pinch of smoked paprika and finely chopped chives atop the filled deviled eggs.
8. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6 Hardboiled Eggs
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Spice Brown Mustard (or Dijon Mustard)
- 1 heaping tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika + ¼ tsp for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Finely chopped Chives, garnish
- Cut the 6 hard-boiled eggs lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
- Place the yolks in a bowl and set the whites aside.
- Mash the yolk with a fork in the bowl until the yolk is pebble-sized.
- Add 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard, 1 heaping teaspoon of curry powder, ½ tsp of smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste to the crumbled yolks. Mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Fill a piping bag with the yolk mixture. You can use a Ziploc baggie too.
- Snip the end of the piping bag and fill all the hollowed egg white cavities with the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle a pinch of smoked paprika and finely chopped chives atop the filled deviled eggs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anchor Hocking Company 86148 10" Presence Egg Plate
Weetiee Pastry Piping Bags -100 Pack-16-Inch Disposable Cake Decorating Bags Anti-Burst Cupcake Icing Bags for all Size Tips Couplers and Baking Cookies Candy Supplies Kits - Bonus 2 Couplers
Ateco # 867 - French Star Pastry Tip .56'' Opening Diameter- Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!