Need a fast and easy dinner recipe? This one-pan meal of oven-roasted spicy sausage and vegetables is just what your family ordered. This flavorful dinner can be served alone, over rice, or as a sandwich in a roll. Try this terrific recipe tonight!
Oven Roasted Spicy Sausage and Vegetables Recipe
Busy life, huh? I do not know about you, but sometimes we have so much going on dinner becomes an afterthought. That is where easy, delicious, one-pan meals come in handy. Just a few minutes of prep time and less than 30 minutes in the oven and this terrific spicy sausage and vegetables sheet pan dish is ready for dinner.
Tips for making One-Pan Oven Roasted Spicy Sausage and Vegetables:
● This dish can be served alone, or you can make rice (I love my rice cooker!) and sever it over the bed of rice, or, get a hoagie roll and make an easy sandwich.
● You can switch up the peppers if you do not care for sweet peppers, but make certain your choice will cook well in the oven.
● Feel free to add more Italian seasoning if you enjoy it!
● If you substitute garlic salt for the garlic powder listed, do not add additional salt to the recipe.
● If you have a bit more time and/or simply want more vegetables with your meal this Oven Roasted Autumn Vegetable Medley Recipe is also a sheet pan recipe and goes well w0ith spicy sausage (make them seperately). Other quick accompaniment vegetable recipes are Orange and Cranberry Steamed Carrots (5 minute prep, 20 minutes steaming) or oven roasted Parmesan green beans (5 minute prep, 20 minute roast time).
● You can cut up the sausage before placing it in the pan, but realize the sausage may cook faster than your vegetables. If you like your sausage crispy or the vegetables al dente, it can work for you (watch the cooking times)
● You can mix on the pan itself if you want to save yourself a bowl, just make certain all the vegetables stay on the pan when coating.
Oven Roasted Spicy Sausage and Vegetables Recipe Ingredients:
● 4 Spicy Italian sausages
● 1 Sweet Onion, sliced into slices and the slices separated
● 1 Red Sweet Pepper
● 1 Green Sweet Pepper
● 1 TBSP Olive Oil
● ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
● Salt, to taste
● Pepper, to taste
● ½ tsp Garlic Powder
Oven Roasted Spicy Sausage and Vegetables Recipe Mise en Place:
Oven Roasted Spicy Sausage and Vegetables Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Peel and then slice the sweet onion.
4. Wash and remove seeds and stems from the red sweet pepper and green sweet pepper. Slice into long, half inch slices.
5. Place the onion and pepper slices into a bowl. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder. Toss to mix well.
6. Lay the vegetables on the bottom of a parchment lined sheet pan.
7. Lay the sausages on top of the vegetables.
8. Roast in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
9. Serve hot.
- 4 Spicy Italian sausages
- 1 Sweet Onion, sliced into slices and the slices separated
- 1 Red Sweet Pepper
- 1 Green Sweet Pepper
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel and then slice the sweet onion.
- Wash and remove seeds and stems from the red sweet pepper and green sweet pepper. Slice into long, half-inch slices.
- Place the onion and pepper slices into a bowl. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder. Toss to mix well.
- Lay the vegetables on the bottom of a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Lay the sausages on top of the vegetables
- Roast in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 16g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!