Spiced Molasses Cookies Recipe
Old fashioned spiced molasses cookies are a winter cookie classic. These slightly sweet, highly spiced cookies store well and can be frozen. You can almost taste the holidays in every delicious bite.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
• ½ cup Butter
• 2/3 cup Sugar, divided
• 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
• 1 Egg
• 1/3 cup Molasses
• 2 tsp Cinnamon
• ½ tsp Ginger
• ½ tsp Nutmeg
• ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
• 2 tsp Baking Soda
• ½ tsp Salt
• 2¼ cups Flour
• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Cream together butter, 1/3 cup sugar and brown sugar.
• Mix in egg, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
• Slowly add the baking soda, salt and flour. Mix until thoroughly combined.
• Place the remaining sugar on a small plate.
• Scoop out the dough by the tablespoon and roll into a ball.
• Roll the spiced molasses cookie ball in the sugar and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
• Bake at 375˚ 8-10 minutes.
• Allow to cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet onto a drying rack.
• Store in airtight container.
Makes 24 Spiced Molasses Cookies
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!