Layered Piña Colada Cocktail
Piña Coladas evoke thoughts of warm, sandy beaches and poolside parties. This Layered Piña Colada Cocktail is smoother than a traditional Piña Colada, with a fruity, citrus taste and creamy texture.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
• 2 oz Blue Curaçao
• 4 oz Pineapple Juice
• 4oz Cream of Coconut
• 1 Maraschino Cherry, for garnish
• 1 Pineapple Wedge, for garnish
• Pour 2 oz Blue Curaçao into a glass, and then pour the 4 oz of pineapple juice over the back of a spoon placed just over the Blue Curaçao layer. (This will stop the two from mixing completely, and help you achieve that layered effect we’re going for.)
• Next, either gently spoon on the coconut cream or use the same “back of the spoon” method to add the final layer of the Layered Pina Colada. (Do not substitute with coconut milk, and if you’ve never used coconut cream before made sure to blend or stir the coconut cream well as it can separate in the container.)
• Garnish with maraschino cherry and pineapple wedge.
Makes 1 Layered Piña Colada Cocktail
As always, drink responsibly and please don’t drink and drive.