DIY Graduation Bookmark Memento
Oh the places you will go… Whether the nostalgia of a hometown, a high school or college campus location or a fond childhood memory spot, this easy DIY bookmark memento will make you smile as you reminisce. Along with the past, consider making a bookmark talisman of future venues such as a new home location, an upcoming vacation destination or anywhere you have plans for exciting adventures to come! This easy DIY Graduation Bookmark Memento is an idea that translates to more than just graduation, it is wonderful for any monumental life experience never to be forgotten.
DIY Graduation Bookmark Memento Materials:
DIY Graduation Bookmark Memento Directions:
• Place a cutting mat on a flat table surface.
• Spread out your map on top of the cutting mat.
• Place a cabochon over the location you would like to cut out.
• Use an X-Acto Knife to cut around cabochon.
• NOTE: make certain to put a cutting mat or at the very least – a piece of cardboard – under your map so as not to ruin your surface underneath when you cut!
• Place a bit of Mod Podge on the bottom of the cabochon and place over your newly cut circle piece of the map.
• Allow to dry.
• Line up where you expect to place the bookmark for a gift.
• Write up your sentiment based on a 4″x6″ piece of card stock using word (or other document software).
• Place 4″x6″ card stock in printer and print an appropriate message for the person you are giving the gift to.
• This craft as made up is for a graduation gift. It says: You’re going places …. Never forget where you are from! Congratulations
• The sentiment you choose to use may change based on whether or not it is a trip, a new job, a new home, etc.
• Using a hole punch make two holes the width of base of bookmark.
• Using a piece of string, loop it through the hole in the card stock.
• Place the finished bookmark in the center of the holes.
• Tie the bookmark to the card stock using the threaded string.
• Note: use a corner round punch if so desired.
This really is a cute little reminder of places past and memories future to give to someone. Super easy to do, there are tons of different Bookmark Cabochon Sets to choose from – one will be absolutely perfect to convey the wishes you would like to send.
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!