This fresh, Blueberry Cobbler Recipe is simply outstanding! Easy to make, it is a delicious summer comfort-food recipe that will have your friends and family asking for seconds!
Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
Got fresh blueberries? You’ll love this simple to make blueberry cobbler. It is simple to make, and tastes so good! While I list it as a summer recipe, with fresh blueberries readily available all year round, it is now really an anytime treat!
Tips for making this Blueberry Cobbler Recipe:
● This is a pretty straightforward recipe. It is very rich due to all the butter (mmmm butter!).
● Serve warm or cold, à la mode with vanilla ice cream (especially when warm!), topped with whipped cream, or serve by itself. It is all good.
● One thing I have been doing the last few times I have made this recipe is to switch-up the fruit. I have been using 2 pints of blueberries with 2 pints of raspberries.
● I have also decided I am lazy, and instead of using a pastry cutter and cutting in the butter, I have microwaved the butter to melt it. Now, there are some things you need to know about doing that including making certain the butter is cooled down before adding the beaten eggs to the butter mixture. You do not want to cook the eggs!
● IF you decide to go the melted-butter route the batter will be pourable. Make sure you smooth it out into all the corners.
● IF you decide to go the melted-butter route, watch your cook times. I have found it bakes a smidge faster when I do this.
Enjoy fresh blueberry recipes? You will love these terrific blueberry recipes:
● Blueberry Pie Recipe – An easy to make blueberry pie. This delicious homemade blueberry pie combines fresh blueberries and wholesome dairy cream for a truly luscious dessert!
● Wholesome Blueberry Banana Oat Bars Recipe – Try this easy to make Wholesome Blueberry Banana Oat Bars Recipe today! It makes for a great snack, on the go breakfast, or a delicious addition to a lunchbox meal.
● Blueberry Pie Filling Recipe – Make your own blueberry pie filling!
Blueberry Cobbler Ingredients:
● 4 pints Blueberries
● 1½ cups Sugar, divided
● 16 TBSP unsalted Butter, diced (2 sticks)
● 1 cup Flour
● 1 tsp Baking Powder
● 4 Eggs
● 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
● 1 tsp Lemon Juice
Blueberry Cobbler Mise en Place:
Blueberry Cobbler Directions:
● Preheat oven to 375°.
● Lightly grease a 13″x9″ baking pan.
● Toss blueberries and ½ cup of sugar together until coated, spread into 13″x9″ pan.
● Combine flour, baking powder, and 1 cup sugar.
● Cut in butter.
● In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add them to the butter mixture.
● Add vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
● Drop mixture on top of blueberries by the spoonful. Allow mixture to cover the fruit.
● Bake for 35 minutes until slightly brown and bubbly.
● Serve with vanilla ice cream or sweet whipped cream.
- 4 pints Blueberries
- 1½ cups Sugar, divided
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 16 TBSP unsalted Butter, diced
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Lightly grease a 13″x9″ baking pan.
3. Toss 4 pints of blueberries and ½ cup of sugar together until coated, spread into 13″x9″ pan.
4. Combine 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1 cup sugar.
5. Cut in 16 tablespoons of butter (2 sticks).
6. In a separate bowl, beat 4 eggs, then add them to the butter mixture.
7. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, mix well.
8. Drop mixture on top of the blueberries in the 13x9 pan by the spoonful. Allow mixture to cover fruit.
9. Bake for 35 minutes until slightly brown and bubbly.
10. Serve with vanilla ice cream or sweet whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 4gSugar: 52gProtein: 6g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!