Bruschetta made with Heirloom Tomatoes and Kale
A delicious, easy to make Bruschetta recipe featuring delicious and sweet heirloom tomatoes, and tasty kale. This very versatile Bruschetta made with Heirloom Tomatoes and Kale is a perfect accompaniment with any meal, a before meal appetizer, or simply as a stand alone snack.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 Minutes
• 2 medium Heirloom Tomatoes
• 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
• ½ cup Kale, chopped
• ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
• 8 slices Rustic Bread
• Preheat oven to 350˚.
• Slice tomatoes and remove seeds and inner membrane. Using a sharp knife, chop the tomatoes and place them in a medium-size bowl.
• Peel and mince 1 – 2 cloves of garlic, add to the tomatoes.
• Add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil; stir and set aside.
• Chop kale and pan fry it in a hot skillet, remove and add kale to tomato mixture. Stir and place tomato-kale mixture in refrigerator.
• Slice bottom crust off of the rustic bread slices, and brush with extra virgin olive oil.
• Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
• Place bread on a cookie sheet or pizza stone and broil until bread and cheese are toasted; remove from oven.
• Spoon the tomato, garlic, kale and extra virgin olive oil mixture on top of toasted bread slices.
• Makes 8 servings Bruschetta made with Heirloom Tomatoes and Kale
If you are looking for a great appetizer, quick snack or something different as a bread-side, give this Bruschetta made with Heirloom Tomatoes and Kale a try. You don’t have to use heirloom tomatoes, but they are generally sweeter, and add that component to a Bruschetta instead of using sugar.
As you can see this is visually very appealing. Using a red tomato will make this er, red instead of yellow.
• Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!