Make this fabulous homemade frosting the next time you are looking for a unique frosting recipe for your cake, brownies, or bars. This chocolate beer frosting recipe is simple to make, and is ready in just a few minutes. This chocolate frosting can be piped, textured, petaled, used a smooth frosting and more!
Chocolate Beer Frosting Recipe
This unique, easy to make chocolate and beer frosting recipe pairs perfectly with this Beer and Sauerkraut Cupcakes Recipe! (Also unique, but wow is it good!)
I think this chocolate beer frosting is comparable to a buttercream frosting for spreading. It is made with butter, but the beer is used for the liquid, and not cream.
You “should” have enough frosting for 24 cupcakes, a 13″x9″ pan cake or brownies, or an 8″ double round cake. The yield is approximately 3 cups. As with all frosting recipes, if you like a thicker layer of frosting on your treat, make more frosting! You do not necessarily need to make a double batch, a batch and a half is usually enough for most frosting lovers. Even me. I eat cake for the frosting! I am not kidding. I cannot tell you how often I will eat all the frosting off of a piece of cake and leave 80% of the cake behind! For me, cake is simply the holder of my frosting.
Chocolate Beer Frosting Ingredients:
● ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
● 3½ cups Powdered Sugar
● 1/3 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
● 1/8 tsp Salt
● 1/3 cup Beer (stout is best)
Chocolate Beer Frosting Mise en Place:
Chocolate Beer Frosting Directions:
● Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer, cream butter and half (1¾ cups) of the powdered sugar.
● Add 1/3 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, 1/8 tsp salt and about 1/3 (about 2 tablespoons) of the beer. Beat until smooth.
● Alternated adding the remaining powdered sugar (1¾ cups) and beer (about 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon) and beat until fluffy.
● Frost cooled cupcakes, cakes, brownies, etc.
● This frosting can be flat (smooth) frosted, put in a piping bag and piped, or textured.
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Beer (stout is best)
• Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer, cream butter and half (1¾ cups) of the powdered sugar.
• Add 1/3 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, 1/8 tsp salt and about 1/3 (about 2 tablespoons) of the beer. Beat until smooth.
• Alternated adding the remaining powdered sugar (1¾ cups) and beer (about 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon) and beat until fluffy.
• Frost cooled cupcakes, cakes, brownies, etc.
• This frosting can be flat (smooth) frosted, put in a piping bag and piped, or textured.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0
Need another frosting recipe? You may enjoy these easy to make, from-scratch frosting recipes:
● Classic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe – Classic, versatile, delicious vanilla buttercream frosting! The ideal frosting for cakes, cookies, cupcakes can be colored, sprinkled, piped and decorated to complete your sweet, perfectly.
● Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe – Delicious, smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting! Colored or natural, cream cheese frosting ads a delicious tang to your favorite cakes, cupcakes and breakfast baked goods.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!