Slightly chewy, slightly crunchy, and totally delicious, these Cranberry Noels Cookies are a wonderful holiday cookie, perfect for a snack, after dinner dessert or as a welcome addition to a holiday cookie tray.
Cranberry Noels Cookie Recipe
This Cranberry Noels Cookie Recipe is courtesy of my brother… well, actually his girlfriend (now wife!). My brother, his kids, and his girlfriend got together and made six different kinds of cookies for the holidays. This was one of the recipes I asked for to share with all of you.
My Sister-in-law started bringing these to Christmas Eve dinner at our house in 2013. She was my brother’s girlfriend back then, but she was kind enough to share her holiday baking, and oh my is it good! She is a wonderful cook and baker. We absolutely love these Cranberry Noel Cookies!
I have to confess: Hubby and I do not like cranberry cookies as a rule. These are excellent! We both liked them very much. The cranberry isn’t overwhelming, it just adds a touch of sweetness.
Cranberry Noels Cookie Notes:
● 16 TBSP Butter = 2 Sticks = 1 Cup
● You can use white Rum in place of rum extract
Cranberry Noels Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
● 16 TBSP Butter
● ½ cup Sugar
● 2 TBSP Whole Milk
● 1 tsp Rum Flavoring
● ½ tsp Salt
● 2½ cups Flour
● ½ cup Pecans, finely chopped
● ¾ cup Dried Cranberries
● ½ cup Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut
Cranberry Noels Cookie Mise en Place:
Cranberry Noels Cookie Recipe Directions:
1. Using a stand mixer, cream together 16 tablespoons of butter (2 sticks) and ½ cup of sugar for 3 minutes.
2. Add two tablespoons of whole milk, one teaspoon of rum flavoring and ½ of salt; beat to combine.
3. Sift 2½ cups flour, and gradually add sifted flour to the butter mixture; combine.
4. Add ¾ cup of dried cranberries and ½ of finely chopped pecans to the batter, beat just enough to combine.
5. Form two logs of dough, 8″ long and 2″ in diameter, and roll in coconut.
6. Wrap each log with plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
7. After 2 hours, preheat oven to 350°.
8. Remove dough from the refrigerator, unwrap and slice cookies 1/4″ thick. Place on cookie sheet (you can line the cookie sheet with parchment paper if you like).
9. Bake for 12 minutes until edges are brown.
- 16 TBSP Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 TBSP Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Rum Flavoring
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2½ cups Flour
- ½ cup Pecans, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut
- Using a stand mixer, cream together 16 tablespoons of butter (2 sticks) and ½ cup of sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add whole milk, rum flavoring, and salt; beat to combine.
- Sift flour, and gradually add sifted flour to the butter mixture; combine.
- Add dried cranberries and finely chopped pecans to the batter; beat just enough to combine.
- Form two logs of dough, 8″ long and 2″ in diameter, and roll in coconut.
- Wrap each log with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator, unwrap and slice cookies 1/4″ thick. Place on a cookie sheet (you can line the cookie sheet with parchment paper if you like).
- Bake for 12 minutes until edges are brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
Looking for more Christmas cookie recipes? Try these great holiday cookie recipes:
● Candy Cane Cookies Recipe – These unique Candy Cane Cookies will make your entire house smell like Christmas! The cool, refreshing taste of peppermint is the perfect holiday flavor. Easy to make, these candy cane cookies are great for cookie exchanges and your holiday cookie platter.
● Kris Kringle Cookie and Frosting Recipe – Traditional Christmas cut-out cookie and frosting recipe!
● Rum Logs Recipe – Delicious, light and a touch sweet, these Rum Logs are a festive, melt in your mouth holiday cookie your entire family will enjoy.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!