Cranberry Orange Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting
Jazz up a plain boxed cake mix for a festive holiday treat! These easy to make cupcakes and simple peppermint frosting recipe will make people think you slaved all day in the kitchen, instead of just minutes. These fun and delicious Cranberry Orange Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting are a wonderful holiday dessert.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
• 1 boxed White Cake Mix
• 1 cup Water
• 1/3 cup Oil
• 3 Eggs
• ½ cup Fresh Cranberries, chopped
• 1 tsp Orange Zest
• ½ cup unsalted Butter, softened
• 2½ cups Confectioners Sugar, sifted
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• ½ tsp Peppermint Extract
• 2 TBSP Milk
• 2 Candy Canes, crushed
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Prepare white cake mix according to package directions: water, oil, eggs; fold in cranberries and orange zest.
• Pour into lined cupcake pan (or greased and floured unlined cupcake pan), bake according to package directions or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
• Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
• With a stand-up mixer, beat butter until creamy on medium speed.
• Gradually add half your confectioners sugar; beat until well mixed.
• Add 1 tablespoon of milk; beat until well mixed.
• Gradually add the rest of your confectioner sugar; beat until well mixed.
• Add vanilla and peppermint extracts, and remaining milk.
• Beat for 2 minutes.
• Note: if you require a stiffer frosting, add more confections sugar in 1/2 cup increments. If you need a thinner frosting, add more milk in tablespoon increments. You can add a few drops of food coloring to make colored frosting.
• Always frost completely cooled baked goods so your frosting does not melt on application.
• Load frosting into a piping bag and pipe your cupcakes in a circular motion until you form a peak.
• Top with crushed candy cane.
Makes 24 Cranberry Orange Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting
• To print the Cranberry Orange Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting recipe click here.
• If you use cupcake liners in your cupcake pans, try these festive cupcake liners!! There are some super cute choices like these or these or something very elegant such as these beautiful cupcake wrappers.
• Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!