These delicious, no-bake chocolate peanut butter balls are simple to make! Your entire family will enjoy these simple candies. Indulge during the holiday season, as a special treat, during snack time, or anytime! These easy peanut butter balls will satisfy any sweet tooth.
This is a great recipe when you want an easy treat. Only five ingredients and under an hour to make the best peanut butter balls your family has ever eaten.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
Many people consider homemade peanut butter balls to be a holiday confection, perfect for filling out a candy tray or cookie tray. And it is. It is also a wonderful any time of the year confection!
Tips and variations for making these easy chocolate peanut butter balls:
● Smooth peanut butter was used in this recipe. You could use a combination of crunchy peanut butter and creamy peanut butter to form your peanut butter mixture. Just make certain the amount of peanut butter you use only adds up to 18 ounces.
● I have not used natural peanut butter in this recipe, so I do not know how the consistency of the peanut butter filling will turn out if you use it.
● Salted butter was used in this recipe. Unsalted butter will not materially change this recipe.
● A microwave was used to melt the chocolate for the coating; you could use a double boiler if you do not have a microwave.
● Semi-sweet chocolate chips were used in this recipe. You could use milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate – whatever your taste preference to coat these chocolate peanut butter balls.
● You can line your baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper if you like.
● An electric mixer is not necessary for this recipe, although you may find it easier to make using one. Honestly? While I have never done it, I expect a food processor could be used, too. Just make sure to scrape the side of the bowl if using an appliance and not hand mixing.
● How to make vanilla extract
● These are not technically buckeye balls, although if you do not cover the tops of these balls and leave an opening at the top of the chocolate coating, it would be close enough for most people.
● Store these creamy peanut butter balls in a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator. Some might suggest an airtight container, and that could work, too.
● This recipe is made with simple ingredients commonly found at your local grocery store.
If you like peanut butter desserts, you will love these delicious peanut butter recipes:
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Recipe Ingredients:
● 18 ounces Peanut Butter (smooth is used in this recipe)
● ¼ cup Butter
● 2 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
● ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
● 12 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Mise en Place:
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Recipe Directions:
● Mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar in a bowl.
● Stir until combined.
● Shape dough into approximately 1-inch balls and place on a baking pan.
● Place in Freezer for approximately 20 minutes.
● Melt Semi-sweet morsels in a microwave for two minutes in 30-second bursts until smooth.
● Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate with a toothpick letting the excess coating drip off.
● Return the chocolate-coated peanut butter balls to the baking sheet until the chocolate is firm.
● Store in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.
- 18 ounces Peanut Butter, smooth
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 12 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract, and confectioners sugar in a bowl. You can mix by hand or using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Stir until combined.
- Shape dough into approximately 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in Freezer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Melt the semi-sweet morsels in a microwave for two minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate with a toothpick, letting the excess chocolate drip off the dipped ball.
- Return the chocolate-coated peanut butter balls to the baking sheet until the chocolate is firm.
- Store in a resealable bag in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cookie and Cake Carrier Container with Handle and Lid 4 Trays Cupcake Storage Transport Holder Box 2 Devil Eggs Trays Included
3 Tier Server Stand with Trays & Bowls - Tiered Serving Platter - Perfect for Cake, Dessert, Shrimp, Appetizers & More
10 White Rectangle Trays with Gold Rim Border for Elegant Dessert Table Serving Parties 9" X 13" Heavy Duty Disposable Paper Cardboard for Platters, Cupcake Display, Birthday Party, Weddings Food Safe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!