This impressive rum cake is super easy to make using boxed cake mix and premade frosting; use spiced rum for an exotic flavor.
Easy Rum Cake Recipe
Many years ago I had a recipe exchange with another website for holiday recipes: halfway homemaker. Unfortunately, Jen no longer blogs. At some point, I will remake this recipe, but for now, here is the recipe she provided:
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1 Package Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Package Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup White Rum
- Glaze Topping Ingredients:
- ¼ Cup White Rum
- 1 Cup Chocolate Frosting
- 1. preheat oven to 325°.
- Using a mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil, and rum until well mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into a greased bundt pan or mini cake molds.
- Bake in preheated 325° oven for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Turn rum cake out over a wire rack to cool.
- To make the glaze topping, heat frosting in a double boiler; stir until warm, then slowly incorporate rum until a glaze forms.
- Pour glaze over cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Darby Creek Trading Red & Gold Crackle Berry, Matte Ornament Ball and Juniper Christmas Centerpiece Arrangement in Etched Gold Planter Box
[30 Inch Artificial Christmas Wreath] - Scarlet Hydrangea Collection - Red and Gold Decoration - Pre Lit with 50 Warm Clear Colored LED Mini Lights - Includes Remote Controlled Battery Pack with Timer
Vintage Aqua Pink Christmas Holiday Ornament Wreath