Easy Rum Cake Recipe
This impressive rum cake is super easy to make using boxed cake mix and premade frosting; use spiced rum for an exotic flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
• 1 Package Chocolate Cake Mix
• 1 Package Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
• 4 Eggs
• ½ Cup Water
• ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
• ½ Cup White Rum
Glaze Topping Ingredients:
• ¼ Cup White Rum
• 1 Cup Chocolate Frosting
• Preheat oven to 325°.
• Using a mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil and rum until well mixed, about 2 minutes.
• Pour cake batter into greased bundt pan or mini cake molds.
• Bake in preheated 325° oven for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Turn rum cake out over wire rack to cool.
• To make the glaze topping, heat frosting in double boiler; stir until warm, then slowly incorporate rum until a glaze forms.
• Pour glaze over cake.
Makes 12 servings Easy Rum Cake
Today is day 9 of 15 Days of Holiday Sweets! This Easy Rum Cake Recipe is brought to you courtesy of Jen from The Halfway Homemaker. Jen is a Work-from-home mom with a husband, two kids, two dogs and her own consulting business. Join her on her journey through the work-life-balance with laughter, sarcasm, and a little bit of humility knowing that she is definitely not Martha Stewart. Find her at halfwayhomemaker.com
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article! On confirmation, you will receive a link to the free eBook: A Baker’s Dozen of Holiday Sweets! Offer available through New Year’s Day 2015 (1/1/15).