If you like macaroni salad you will absolutely love this herbed cheese version. Using simple ingredients, you can make a creamy macaroni salad that is the perfect side dish for a summer BBQ or next picnic! Follow the step-by-step instructions to make the best macaroni salad recipe you have ever had!
Just a little bit of something “extra” gives a new twist to an old standard making this the perfect summer side dish! You can make this macaroni salad recipe without herbed mozzarella and still have an “herbed” dish as there is dried dill in the recipe. We all know how much a little bit of dried dill weed can enhance a recipe! Try it, you’ll like it!
Herbed Cheese and Veggie Macaroni Salad Recipe
This is one of my favorite recipes for macaroni salad. I have tried a lot of macaroni salads in my time but in this herbed version is my favorite macaroni salad recipe. Bursting with delicious flavor and fresh vegetables, this easy macaroni salad recipe will quickly become your family’s favorite, too!
Cold pasta salads are an easy make-ahead side dish and fit especially well on the table at mealtime in the warm/hot weather months. Once you make your pasta salad, you can refrigerate it and have leftovers for several days. Sometimes, I make a double batch if we plan on a crowd just so we can have leftovers!
An easy pasta salad is always a welcome addition to my recipe box, and this is definitely an easy salad to make. The best part? It tastes great, too!
If you are looking for more great side recipes you might enjoy these:
● Cheesy Bacon Potato Salad Recipe
● Avocado Mac and Cheese Recipe
● Cucumber Caprese Salad Recipe
Tips and variations for making this herbed cheese and vegetable macaroni salad recipe:
● Make certain your cooked macaroni is at room temperature before adding the dressing.
● How you cook your macaroni is up to you: al dente or fully cooked, that is your choice.
● You can substitute your favorite small pasta for elbow macaroni pasta.
● If you do not have herbed mozzarella cheese, regular mozzarella will work as well.
● Use a real mayo such as Helman’s, Best Foods, Dukes, etc. do not use miracle whip.
● If you enjoy extra mayo in your pasta salads, add it to taste.
● If you do not have dried dill, substitute fresh dill but at least ½ a teaspoon.
● In a pinch, you can use sweet pickle relish or dill pickle relish in place of the dill pickles. At that point, use the relish juice instead of the pickle juice.
● You can use dill pickle juice (recommended) or sweet pickle juice (if you like sweet). As always, personal preferences come into play.
Herbed Cheese and Veggie Macaroni Salad Recipe Ingredients:
● 8 oz uncooked Elbow Macaroni
● 2 TBSP Butter
● 2 oz Herbed Mozzarella Cheese, diced small
● ½ Red Bell Pepper, diced
● ½ Small Red Onion, diced
● 2 stalks Celery, diced
● 2 Dill Pickles, diced
● 2 TBSP Pickle Juice
● ½ cup Mayonnaise
● ½ cup Sour Cream
● pinch Dried Dill Weed
Herbed Cheese and Veggie Macaroni Salad Recipe Mise en Place:
● Cutting Board
● Measuring Cup
● Large Bowl
● Small Bowl
● Measuring Spoons
Herbed Cheese and Veggie Macaroni Salad Recipe Directions:
● Cook the elbow macaroni according to the directions on the package.
● Drain, add the butter, and let cool to room temperature.
● Dice mozzarella, red bell pepper, small red onion, celery and pickles into bite sized pieces or smaller.
● Combine the diced mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, red onion, celery and pickles in a large bowl.
● In a separate small bowl, combine the pickle juice, mayonnaise, sour cream and dill weed. Stir until well mixed.
● Add the pasta to the diced vegetables; combine by folding.
● Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and combine very well.
● Refrigerate for a minimum of at least 2 hours in order for the flavors to blend.
● Refrigerate any leftovers.
Herbed Cheese and Veggie Macaroni Salad Recipe
Herbed Cheese and Veggie Macaroni Salad Recipe. If you like macaroni salad you will absolutely love this herbed cheese version. Using simple ingredients, you can make a creamy macaroni salad that is the perfect side dish for a summer BBQ or next picnic! Follow the step-by-step instructions to make the best macaroni salad recipe you have ever had!
- 8 oz uncooked Elbow Macaroni
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 oz Herbed Mozzarella Cheese, diced small
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ Small Red Onion, diced
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Dill Pickles, diced
- 2 TBSP Pickle Juice
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- pinch Dried Dill Weed
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package; bring cold water to a boil, add pasta, boil at the time stated.
- Drain the water from the cooked pasta.
- Add the butter and let cool to room temperature.
- Dice mozzarella, red bell pepper, small red onion, celery, and pickles into bite-sized pieces or smaller.
- Combine the diced mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, red onion, celery, and pickles in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the pickle juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, and dill weed. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- Add the pasta to the diced vegetables; combine by folding.
- Pour the creamy dressing over the pasta mixture and combine very well.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of at least 2 hours in order for the flavors to blend.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware 69518 Covered Bowl Set, 8-pc, Set of 8, Coastal Colors
Sweese 106.002 Porcelain Fluted Bowl Set - 26 Ounce for Cereal, Soup - Set of 6, Hot Assorted Colors
Annovero Cereal Bowls – Set of 6 Porcelain Bowls for Soup, Salad, Rice, or Pasta, 6.25 Inch Diameter, 23 Fluid Ounce (2.75 Cup) Capacity
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● For more Recipes on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
Yum! This herb macaroni salad sounds delicious! I would have to omit the onions for my oldest son, but everything else is a go. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday. Pinned.
Well now, I literally just drooled…
So not joking! ♥