A beautiful and delicious take on a traditional Caprese Salad, this Cucumber Caprese Salad Recipe is a perfect side dish with steak, burgers, turkey legs, barbecue chicken, and more! Easy to make, this Cucumber Caprese Salad recipe is loaded with sweet, fresh vegetables. Try it today!
Cucumber Caprese Salad Recipe
Hubby came up with this idea years ago using the bounty that came from our CSA. It is a simple recipe that is easy to put together. It is an awesome use of fresh vegetables, great any time of year!!
We make this all. the. time. I make it at least twice per week in the summer as we usually have a load of fresh cukes, fresh tomatoes, fresh oregano, and fresh basil growing in my garden. I just make certain I chop up the fresh basil fine and substitute for the dry basil in the recipe.
We also make this fairly regularly in the winter as cucumbers are reasonably priced, and there is always some sort of tomato on sale. Wwhile I like cherry tomatoes best in this recipe, I will cut up beefsteak, hothouse, Roma, etc into small bite-sized pieces and use them – especially when on sale!
Tips for making Cucumber Caprese Salad Recipe:
• Do not be afraid to change the quantitles of anything. Like balsamic vinegar? Add more! Like cucumbers? Add more. This recipe is very forgiving and I play with the quanities and ratios contantly.
• Sometimes a dash of salt to taste once served really hits the spot. Hubby adds salt to his serving most of the time, I seldom do. As always, it is a matter of taste.
• This past year I froze my harvested basil and used it over the winter and spring in out cupcumber Caprese salads. I also substitute fresh basil in the summer.
• Hubby says to scrape a fork over the peeled cucumber to get out the bitterness. He learned this from his mother. While he’s never been completely convinced this is true, aesthetically it does look very nice.
• Have a big crowd? This recipe doubles and triples beautifully. Just be aware of your container size for mixing.
• This will keep well for a few days in the fridge. Along about day three the mozzerella starts to get really soft, so try not to let it go past then.
Cucumber Caprese Salad Ingredients:
• 2 TBSP Olive Oil
• 1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 TBSP Dried Oregano
• 1 TBSP Dried Basil
• Dash Salt
• Dash Pepper
• 1 Cucumber Peeled, Skin Scraped w/Fork and Sliced Thin and Diced
• 1½ cups Cherry Tomatoes quartered
• 8oz Fresh Mozzarella
• ½ Large Red Onion Diced
Cucumber Caprese Salad Mise en Place:
Cucumber Caprese Salad Directions:
• In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside.
• Peel washed cucumber, scrap the skin with a fork up and down a few times. Slice thin and dice. Add to a medium sized bowl.
• Quarter washed cherry tomatoes. Add to the bowl with the cucumbers.
• Thinly slice and dice your red onion (of you do not like onion, feel free to omit from the recipe). Add to bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes.
• Slice mozzarella into bite sized pieces (or use pearl sized mozzarella balls). Add to bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion.
• Pour marinade over vegetables and cheese; mix well.
• Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
• Makes 4 servings Cucumber Caprese Salad
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Dried Oregano
- 1 TBSP Dried Basil
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- 1 Cucumber Peeled, Skin Scraped w/Fork and Sliced Thin and Diced
- 1½ cups Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 8oz Fresh Mozzarella
- ½ Large Red Onion Diced
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried basil and a dash of salt and pepper; set aside.
- Peel washed cucumber, scrap the skin with a fork up and down a few times. Slice thin and dice. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Quarter washed cherry tomatoes. Add to the bowl with the cucumbers.
- Thinly slice and dice your red onion (of you do not like onion, feel free to omit from the recipe). Add to bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella into bite sized pieces (or use pearl sized mozzarella balls). Add to bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and cheese; mix well.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Microwave-Safe Bowl Sets- Wheat Straw Bowls 4 Pack 6.8 inch Large Size Unbreakable Degradable Bowl Reusable Eco Friendly Cereal Bowls for Soup,Dessert and Salad - Easy Dishwasher Safe（Green）
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, Blingco Stainless Steel Metal Nesting Bowls Set of 5, Size 5, 3, 2, 1.5, 0.63 QT, 3 Grater Attachments, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms
Nordic Ware 69518 Covered Bowl Set, 8-pc, Set of 8, Coastal Colors
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!