The fresh, sweet-tart flavor make these Lemon Snowball Cookies are a change of pace Christmas Cookie. Easy to make, they are a welcome addition to your holiday cookie plate!
Lemon Snowball Cookies Recipe
I label these a Christmas cookie, holiday cookie tray cookie that is a surprise on the tastebuds. However, you can definitely make this any time of year! Make it in the summer for a different lunchbox treat, a dessert to pair with lemonade, or for a picnic. These Lemon snowball cookies really are unique, and quite tasty!
Lemon Snowball Cookies Recipe Notes:
• I use walnuts in this cookie recipe. While I have not done so, I am pretty sure using almonds or macadamia nuts would work too.
• Make sure you roll the lemon cookies while still warm so the
• For my UK and Australian friends: confectioners sugar is icing sugar (powdered sugar, 10x).
Lemon Snowball Cookies Recipe Ingredients:
• 1¾ cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
• ¼ tsp Baking Soda
• ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
• ½ cup Crisco
• 2/3 cup Sugar
• Grated Lemon Grind of 1 Lemon
• 1 Egg
• 1 TSBP Water
• 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
• ½ cup Walnuts, finely chopped
• 1 cup confectioners Sugar
Lemon Snowball Cookies Mise en Place:
Lemon Snowball Cookies Recipe Directions:
• Sift together 1¾ cups flour, ¼ tsp baking soda and ¼ tsp cream of tartar. Set aside.
• Using a mixer, cream together ½ cup Crisco and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add grated lemon rind (from one lemon) and 1 egg to the Crisco mixture; beat well.
• Stir in one tablespoon of water and three tablespoons of lemon juice to the Crisco mixture.
• Add sifted flour mixture to the Crisco mixture; blend well.
• Stir in ½ cup walnuts by hand.
• Refrigerate dough 1-2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Dust your hands with flour, and roll a small ball of dough between them (approximately 1″ ball.)
• Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
• Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are slightly brown.
• Immediately remove cookies from the cookie sheet, and roll them in confectioners sugar.
- 1¾ cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ cup Crisco
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- Grated Lemon Grind of 1 Lemon
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSBP Water
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup confectioners Sugar
- Sift together 1¾ cups flour, ¼ tsp baking soda and ¼ tsp cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together ½ cup Crisco and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add grated lemon rind (from one lemon) and 1 egg to the Crisco mixture; beat well.
- Stir in one tablespoon of water and three tablespoons of lemon juice to the Crisco mixture.
- Add sifted flour mixture to the Crisco mixture; blend well.
- Stir in ½ cup walnuts by hand.
- Refrigerate dough 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dust your hands with flour, and roll a small ball of dough between them (approximately 1″ ball.)
- Place 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are slightly brown.
- Immediately remove cookies from the cookie sheet, and roll them in confectioners sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Beaded 3 Tier Silvertone Swivel Server, 12 3/4 Inches Length by 7 3/4 Inches Width by 15 Inches Heighth, Silvertone Color
Red Fig Home 3 Tier Cupcake Stand Aluminum with Copper Finish Round Serving Tray Platter for Parties Weddings Birthdays Holidays to Display Dessert Cookies Appetizers Cheese Hors D’oeuvres
MontoPack 300-Pack Holiday Party Paper Baking Cups - No Smell, Safe Food Grade Inks and Paper Grease Proof Cupcake Liners Perfect Cups for Cake Balls, Muffins, Cupcakes, and Candies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
If you enjoy baking cookies, you are going to love these delicious cookie recipes:
• Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – Looking for a terrific bacon cookies recipe? Like chocolate chip cookies? Like bacon? Then I bet you and your family will enjoy these delicious bacon chocolate chip cookies. The bacon adds a bit of salt to compliment the sweet. For some reason, bacon and chocolate just go together well (two of my favorite foods, whoohoo!!).
• Chocolate Caramel Thumbprint Cookies Recipe – If you like thumbprint cookies, you will love this delicious update to that old classic recipe. These chocolate caramel thumbprint cookies combine the rich taste of chocolate with the smooth taste of caramel for a truly decadent cookie!
• Italian Ricotta Cheese Cookies Recipe – Grandma always made ricotta cheese cookies for us! These tasty cookies are soft on the inside and topped with a delicious sugared icing. This Italian Ricotta cookies recipe is just like Nonna used to make. Make some for your family tonight.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!