Rich, intense, yet with a hint of salt and sweetness, this salted dark chocolate bourbon fudge recipe is a flavor explosion for your taste buds. This may be the best fudge recipe you will ever make. Simple to make, this fudge recipe is terrific for sharing, gifting, or when you want to indulge at home.
Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Fudge Recipe
If you love the intense chocolate flavor of dark chocolate but are not a fan of the bitterness, you will love this fudge. It has the rich, feel good, intense chocolate taste but way sweeter, thanks to the condensed milk. Also, it is boozy, so that a plus! You can skip the booze… but why would you!? The sea salt not only brings out the flavor of the chocolate and makes everything taste a bit brighter, but it also provides a delicious crunch.
Fudge is extremely popular due to how easy it is to adjust and make new flavors. It is amazing all the flavors of fudge you can find, and some people can be quite creative with it.
Whether you are making fudge for the holidays, a gift, or simply as a lovely confection to have in your home, this Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Fudge Recipe is one you will want to make and share again and again with your friends, family, and coworkers.
Tips and variations for making this Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Fudge Recipe:
● You can eliminate the bourbon if you like. I don’t recommend that, but you can do it.
● If you are not a fan of dark chocolate, feel free to use semi-sweet or even milk chocolate.
● If you plan on making 36 servings, that is cutting 6 rows x 6 rows. If you plan on making 25 servings, that is cutting 5 rows by 5 rows.
● Place one sheet of parchment paper across the pan. Place the second sheet of parchment paper across the first sheet (to form an +).
● It is best if the rest of the ingredients are not altered as they specifically complement or counteract each other in the perfect manner. I would not be able to offer any other suggestions as substitutions that would work in the same manner.
● Fudge can be stored in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container. It will last up to two weeks in either situation. Fudge should never be stored at room temperature due to its ingredients.
If you enjoy a good fudge recipe, you may want to try these tastey delights:
Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Fudge Recipe Ingredients:
● 24oz Dark Chocolate Chips
● ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
● 14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
● 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
● 2 oz Bourbon
● 1 TBSP Flakey Sea Salt
Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Fudge Mise en Place:
Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Fudge Recipe Directions:
1. Lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ cake pan and line it with parchment paper (in the shape of a +). Set aside.
2. In a double boiler (or a bowl snugly fitted over a saucepan filled with simmering water), melt the dark chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk.
3. When the chips are melted, add the vanilla extract, and the bourbon. Mix until well combined.
4. Spread the dark chocolate bourbon fudge mixture in the prepared pan. Smoothen the top with a spatula.
5. Sprinkle the flakey sea salt evenly on the top of the fudge.
6. Let it chill in the fridge for 4 hours, up to overnight.
7. Remove the fudge by picking up the ends of the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into 25 (5×5) or 36 (6×6) even squares.
8. Serve immediately.
9. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 24 oz Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 TBSP Flakey Sea Salt
- Lightly grease an 8" x 8" cake pan and line it with parchment paper (in the shape of a +). Set aside.
- In a double boiler (or a bowl snugly fitted over a saucepan filled with simmering water), melt the dark chocolate chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk.
- When the chips are melted, add the vanilla extract, and the bourbon. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the dark chocolate bourbon fudge mixture in the prepared pan. Smoothen the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the flakey sea salt evenly on the top of the fudge.
- Let it chill in the fridge for 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Remove the fudge by picking up the ends of the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into 25 (5x5) or 36 (6x6) even squares.
- Serve immediately.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
10 White Rectangle Trays with Gold Rim Border for Elegant Dessert Table Serving Parties 9" X 13" Heavy Duty Disposable Paper Cardboard for Platters, Cupcake Display, Birthday Party, Weddings Food Safe
silver collection Rectangular Plastic Trays, disposable serving Party Platters 9" X 13" -pack of 4- (Clear)
GetSet2Save Vintage Galvanized 3 Tier Serving Tray Rustic Country Farmhouse Kitchen, one size, Silver
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!