Spice up your butternut squash with this delicious, easy to make cranberry and butternut squash recipe. A nice autumn side dish that perfect for pairing with pork, turkey or chicken. This would be a great recipe for Thanksgiving, or for a family dinner.
Spiced Cranberry Butternut Squash Mise en Place:
Spiced Cranberry Butternut Squash Recipe
Spice up your butternut squash with this delicious, easy to make cranberry and butternut squash recipe. A nice autumn side dish that perfect for pairing with pork, turkey or chicken.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
• 1 lb. Butternut Squash (sliced very thin or diced)
• 1 cup Dried Sweetened Cranberries
• Hot Water
• 3 TBSP Butter
• ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
• ½ tsp Sage Powder
• 1/8 tsp Dried Chili Flakes
• ¼ tsp Nutmeg
• Put the cranberries into a bowl with hot water to soften. Set aside.
• Slice butternut squash very thin (or dice).
• Place the butternut squash into a pot filled with enough water to cover the squash, and cook until tender. Drain.
• In a small bowl, mix the spices in with the butter. Combine well to incorporate.
• Drain the cranberries and the butternut squash.
• Place the cranberries into a bowl with the squash.
• Mash the mixture together. Some cranberries may mash, some may not, this is good as it provides texture to the dish.
• Add the spiced butter mixture and stir to melt into the squash until its all combined and smooth.
Makes 4 servings Spiced Cranberry Butternut Squash
• Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!