This fabulous chicken and sweet potato recipe is an easy, healthy recipe for dinner. Simple to make, it is also a great healthy freezer meal recipe, so make two – one to serve for dinner tonight, and one to freeze for later. This delicious spicy chicken and sweet potato bake recipe is so good; your whole family will want seconds! Yum.
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
I don’t know about you, but nothing makes me happier than an easy, delicious, dinner recipe. This chicken and sweet potato bake fits that bill!! It also freezes beautifully for dinner later, so bonus! There are always days between work, school, and well, life where it is wonderful to just be about to go to the freezer for a premade casserole.
I keep a supply of aluminum pans down the basement for freezer meal cooking. While I do not do a monthly freezer meal plan, I will make two (or three) of a casserole I know freezes well to have one for later. It is not twice the work, nor twice the time – the bowls are already dirty from making one, so making a second is only chopping and dicing, and wrapping (and food savering if you go that route). It truly saves a lot of time to make one now, and make one for later!
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake Ingredients:
● 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast
● 2 Sweet Potatoes, medium
● 1 Onion, medium
● 4 TBSP Real Maple Syrup
● 2 tsp Paprika
● 2 tsp Garlic Salt
● 2 tsp Chili Powder
● 1 tsp Cinnamon
● 1 tsp Cumin
● 2 tsp Olive Oil
● 1 tsp Black Pepper
● 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake Mise en Place:
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake Directions:
● Preheat oven to 350°.
● Coat 8×8″ baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
● Cube chicken into bite sized pieces.
● Cut sweet potato into thick slices and then quarter them.
● Cut onion into bite sized pieces.
● In a large bowl mix together chicken, cut potatoes, onions, maple syrup, paprika, garlic salt, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, olive oil, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar until all ingredients are well combined. (If you do not like much spice cut the chili powder in half.)
● Pour mixture into prepared 8″x 8″ baking pan pan, cover tightly with aluminum foil. (You can freeze this dish before cooking if you are saving for another day- be sure to write cooking directions on foil to help you remember.)
● Bake covered for 30-35 minutes.
● Serve hot.
- 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 4 TBSP Real Maple Syrup
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, medium
- 1 Onion, medium
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat 8x8" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cube chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut sweet potato into thick slices and then quarter them.
- Cut onion into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, cut potatoes, onions, maple syrup, paprika, garlic salt, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, olive oil, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar until all ingredients are well combined. (If you do not like much spice cut the chili powder in half.)
- Pour mixture into prepared 8"x 8" baking pan, cover tightly with aluminum foil. (You can freeze this dish before cooking if you are saving for another day- be sure to write cooking directions on foil to help you remember.)
- Bake covered for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Check to make sure your poultry is done and the sweet potatoes are cooked before removing from the oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Delling 13.8 inch Geometric Serving Platter, White Serving Plates - Large Dinner Salad Plates Dishes Set for Meat, Appetizers, Dessert, Sushi, Party, Microwave / Dishwasher /Oven Safe Set of 3
Oven to Table Casserole Dish Set - 100% Stoneware Ceramic Baking Dishes for Cooking & Serving, Lasagna Pan Bakeware is Dishwasher & Microwave Safe - 13" x 10.5" & 11" x 9" Cookware Pans
Good Cook 04307 N Take Baking Pan, 9"x13", Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 48g
If you would like more freezer meal recipes to try, check out these:
● Easy Leftover Ham Casserole Recipe – Got leftover ham? This is a delicious, easy to make leftover ham casserole recipe! This homemade ham casserole freezes very well too. If you have leftover ham, try this simple to make ham casserole for dinner tonight!
● Sausage Breakfast Pie Recipe – This yummy sausage breakfast pie recipe is a really great meal for breakfast, brunch or dinner! This breakfast pie recipe freezes fabulously so makes for a great freezer casserole meal. Make two sausage breakfast pie recipes at once – one to serve – and one pie to freeze for later when you need that perfect meal quickly.
● Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe – A favorite classic dish turned into easy to toss together casserole. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole gives you all of the flavors of the traditional dish in an easy to make and serve style that screams comfort food. Make and serve or store as a freezer meal for later.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!