A very dense Zucchini Carrot Bread, this recipe is satisfying as a snack or for breakfast.
Zucchini Carrot Bread Recipe
This is a good one! The frosting really makes it, in my opinion. It is a heavy, dense, moist zucchini bread, and bread for dessert, a snack, a lunchbox treat, or even breakfast!
Tips for making this Zucchini Carrot Bread Recipe:
● If you are making a zucchini carrot bread to freeze, do not frost the zucchini carrot bread before freezing. Make sure you free it unfrosted. If you want to frost after defrosting, you can.
● The frosting makes this zucchini carrot bread – what can I say, I love frosting! If you plan on eating this for breakfast, buttered, as much as it pains me to write this, you may want to leave this zucchini bread unfrosted.
Ingredients for Zucchini Carrot Bread:
● ½ tsp baking powder
● 2 tsp cinnamon
● 1 tsp nutmeg
● ½ tsp ground cloves
● 1 tsp baking soda
● 2 cups flour
● 3 large eggs
● ¾ cup sugar
● ¾ cup brown sugar
● ¾ cup applesauce
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1½ cups zucchini, grated
● 1½ cups carrots, grated
● ¾ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
● ¾ cup raisins
Ingredients for Zucchini Carrot Bread Frosting:
● 6oz Cream cheese
● ¾ cup confectionery sugar
● 1 tsp vanilla
Zucchini Carrot Bread Mise en Place:
Zucchini Carrot Bread Directions:
● Preheat oven to 350º.
● Mix together baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and flour, set aside.
● In a separate large bowl, beat the 3 large eggs together.
● To the eggs add sugar, brown sugar, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
● Beat by hand until blended.
● Now add the zucchini and carrots, blend.
● Slowly add the dry flour combination, blending until well combined.
● Add chopped nuts and raisins, blend well.
● Pour into into a greased and floured loaf pan.
● Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350º until toothpick comes out clean.
● Cool on wire rack.
● Combine all frosting ingredients, whip until smooth.
● When bread is completely cool, frost.
- Ingredients for Zucchini Carrot Bread:
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups zucchini, grated
- 1½ cups carrots, grated
- ¾ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup raisins
- Ingredients for Zucchini Carrot Bread Frosting:
- 6oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup confectionery sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Mix together baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and flour, set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the 3 large eggs together.
4. To the eggs add sugar, brown sugar, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
5. Beat by hand until blended.
6. Now add the zucchini and carrots, blend.
7. Slowly add the dry flour combination, blending until well combined.
8. Add chopped nuts and raisins, blend well.
9. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
10. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350º until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool on wire rack.
12. Combine all frosting ingredients, whip until smooth.
13. When bread is completely cool, frost
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 3gSugar: 47gProtein: 7g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
Need more zucchini recipes? Try one of these fabulous fresh zucchini recipes:
● Walnut Zucchini Bars Recipe – Try this wonderful, easy to make recipe for zucchini bars today! These pack well in the lunchbox, are great for breakfast or a midday snack, or as a simple snack.
● Zucchini Soup Recipe – A delicious, easy to make zucchini soup that makes great use of fresh zucchini. If you are looking for a zucchini soup recipe that is not like all the others, this is the recipe for you!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!