A new take on a traditional recipe, this easy-to-make, delicious recipe for walnut zucchini bars is sure to become a family favorite. This is the best zucchini recipe you can make for a snack or breakfast treat; a flavor explosion for your taste buds! This healthy dessert packs well in the lunchbox and is great for an anytime snack.
This is an easy zucchini recipe to make. Bar recipes usually are simple to make and make no mistake; this is not a snack cake; it is a delicious bars recipe! These best zucchini bars last a reasonably long time, are a great way to hide a vegetable for kids. If you are growing garden zucchini, or just see a deal in the store, make use of that late summer zucchini that is in abundance and give your sweet tooth a small feeding (not a lot, these are not very sweet as there is little added sugar and mostly wholesome ingredients are used) with this perfect recipe! This zucchini bar recipe is sure to become of your favorite recipes to make and enjoy.
Walnut Zucchini Bars Recipe
I would resist frosting these bars. *gasp* I cannot believe I am suggesting that as I think frosting is one of nature’s nearly perfect foods. Believe me, this is a crowd pleaser without frosting! If you would like to add frosting, this a href=”https://www.annsentitledlife.com/recipes/cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>cream cheese frosting recipe pairs very well with these walnut zucchini bars. However, I think (you may disagree) these are actually better unfrosted, and I can convince myself I am eating vegetables that way!
If you are looking for more delicious zucchini recipes you may want to try this wonderful Stuffed Zucchini Recipe or this fun Zucchini Pizza Boats Recipe. If you prefer your zucchini on the sweet side, this dense and unusual Zucchini Carrot Bread Recipe might fill the bill, or perhaps a more traditional Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe is more to your liking? And for an easy-to-freeze recipe you can enjoy all year round, this zucchini soup recipe is both delicious and unique!
Note: I originally posted this on my old blog back in 2010. The pictures were so bad that I never posted it here. See what a good camera can do? I hope you enjoy this wonderful, great recipe for zucchini bars!
Tips and variations for making this walnut zucchini bars recipe
● Make sure you use parchment paper and not wax paper when you line the pan. Wax paper might burn; parchment paper is made for baking.
● You may use a food grater or the shredder disc on a food processor to shred the zucchini and carrots.
Walnut Zucchini Bars Recipe Ingredients:
● 2 cups Zucchini, shredded unpeeled
● 1 Carrot, shredded
● 3 large Eggs
● 1 cup Vegetable Oil
● 2 tsp Vanilla
● ¼ cup Sugar
● 2 cups Flour
● 2 tsp Baking Powder
● ¼ tsp Baking Soda
● 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
● ¾ cup uncooked Oatmeal
● 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
Walnut Zucchini Bars Mise en Place:
Walnut Zucchini Bars Directions:
● Preheat oven to 350º.
● Grease a 15″x10″ pan (a jelly roll pan).
● Line with parchment paper (this makes removal a breeze!); set aside.
● Shred zucchini and carrots using a grater or food processor. Set aside.
● In a large bowl beat together eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar. Set aside.
● Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
● Combine flour mixture with egg mixture. Blend well.
● Fold in by hand zucchini, carrots, oatmeal, and nuts into the egg-flour mixture; blend well.
● Place mixture in prepared pan, spreading so it is even.
● Bake for 22 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
● Allow to cool and lift from pan by parchment paper corners.
● Cut into bars and serve!
- 2 cups Zucchini, shredded unpeeled
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- ¾ cup uncooked Oatmeal
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease a 15″x10″ pan (a jelly roll pan).
- Line with parchment paper (this makes removal a breeze!); set aside.
- Shred zucchini and carrots using a grater or food processor. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl beat together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Combine flour mixture with egg mixture.
- Blend well.
- Fold in by hand zucchini, carrots, oatmeal, and nuts into the egg-flour mixture; blend well.
- Place zucchini mixture in the prepared pan, spreading so it is even.
- Bake for 22 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Allow to cool and lift from pan by parchment paper corners.
- Cut into bars and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KOOV Ceramic Casserole Dish with Lid, Covered Rectangular Casserole Dish Set, Lasagna Pans with Lid for Cooking, Baking dish With Lid for Dinner, 9 x 13 Inches, Gradient Series (Gradient Arctic)
Kingsbull Pie Pan Porcelain Pie Dish Pie Plate Ceramic Deep Dish Pie Pan Non-Stick Pie Pans
SWEEJAR Ceramic Bakeware Set, Rectangular Baking Dish Lasagna Pans for Cooking, Kitchen, Cake Dinner, Banquet and Daily Use, 11.8 x 7.8 x 2.75 Inches of Baking Pans (Red)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Note: for exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information provided is simply a guideline.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!