Lemon Snowball Cookie Recipe
The fresh, sweet-tart flavor make these Lemon Snowball Cookies are a change of pace Christmas Cookie. Easy to make, they are a welcome addition to your holiday cookie plate!
Prep Time:45 minutes
Cook time:13 minutes
• 1/2 cup Crisco
• 2/3 cup Sugar
• Grated Lemon Grind of 1 Lemon
• 1 Egg
• 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
• 1 TSBP Water
• 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
• 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
• 1/2 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
• Confectionery Sugar
• Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Set aside.
• Using a mixer, cream together Crisco and sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add lemon rind and egg, beat well.
• Stir in water and lemon juice.
• Add sifted flour mixture, blend well.
• Stir in nuts by hand.
• Refrigerate dough 1-2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Dust your hands with flour, and roll a small ball of dough between them (approximately 1″ ball.)
• Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
• Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are slightly brown.
• Immediately remove cookies from the cookie sheet, and roll them in confectionery sugar.
Makes 3 dozen Lemon Snowball Cookies
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
• For a list of all recipes available on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
FOLLOW US ON: