Original Bacardi Rum Cake Recipe
The Original Bacardi Rum Cake Recipe from the 1980s. This is one moist and delicious rum cake recipe!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour
• 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
• 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
• 1 (3.4oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding
• 4 eggs
• ½ cup Cold Water
• ½ cup Wesson Oil
• ½ cup Bacardi Dark Rum
• ¼ pound Butter (unsalted)
• ¼ cup Water
• 1 cup Sugar
• ½ cup Bacardi Dark Rum
• Preheat oven to 325°.
• Grease and flour a 10″ tube pan.
• To make the Batter:
• Sprinkle chopped nuts over the bottom of the greased and floured pan.
• In a large bowl using an electric mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil and rum; beat until thoroughly mixed.
• Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends well.
• Spoon the batter over the nuts and smooth the surface with your spatula.
• Bake 1 hour in a preheated 325° oven, or until your cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
• Remove the cake from oven and place pan on a wire cooling rack to cool for 10 or 15 minutes.
• To make the Glaze:
• In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
• Stir in water and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly so mixture does not burn. (Set a timer so you stir the entire 5 minutes.)
• Remove from heat, stir in the rum.
• Pour a small amount of the glaze over the cake in the pan. You may have to wait to pour more glaze until the original glaze absorbs. Poking holes in the center of the cake may help with absorption. . Make sure you use all the glaze.
• Remove the cake from the pan and place the cake on the wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
Makes 12 serving Original Bacardi Rum Cake
Today is Day 5 of 15 Days of Holiday Sweets! I decided to go with a delicious rum cake, and what better recipe existed than the old Bacardi Rum Cake recipe? This rum cake is fantastic. Make it. You will be glad you did!
The original version of the Original Bacardi Rum Cake Recipe calls for yellow cake, walnuts and vanilla pudding. However, you can mix up your nuts, pudding and cake mix for flavor combinations you enjoy!
The chocolate rum cake was made with a fudge chocolate cake mix, chopped pecans and instant coconut pudding. I used Duncan Hines cake mix.
The yellow rum cake is the original recipe.
If you don’t use Bacardi rum, definitely use a dark rum. It makes a world of difference.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
FOLLOW US ON: