These delicious rum balls are a fabulous addition to your holiday cookie tray! Fast and simple to make, this rum balls recipe is an easy, no-bake treat that friends and family will adore. If you are looking for a great traditional holiday cookie, try these scrumptious little rum balls.
Rum Balls Recipe
I do not know about you, but I love rum balls! They are so darned tasty. With the holiday season just around the corner, you may be looking for new takes on traditional holiday cookie recipes. These unique rum balls are easy to make ahead – so no last-minute worrying about what to put on the cookie tray – and store very well.
Tips and variations for making this Rum Balls Recipe:
● This rum balls recipe brings a twist to traditional Rum Balls with a version of the old recipe popularized in the 1980s!
● If you do not have a food processor, you can place the Oreos into a double (two bags, one inserted into the other) zipper gallon storage bags. Close most of the end of those zipper bags (leave it a touch open at the end). Now, either roll those cookies until they are finely crushed with a rolling pin, or smack them with a kitchen mallet.
● You may substitute brandy or bourbon for the rum if you prefer.
● For my UK and Australian friends: confectioners sugar is icing sugar (powdered sugar, 10x)
● Decorator sugar can be sanding sugar, sparkling sugar, or large crystal sugar. I get mine at a local Mennonite store that has the biggest selection of sprinkles, sugars, and decorator topping you have ever seen! If you would like to use colored sugar, you can make your own colored sugar by following these step by step instructions. You can use plain old white sugar and these will taste fine and dandy, however I use decorator sugar on my holiday cookies for that extra little but of glitz for the holiday season (I love sparkles! I swear I could have been Rainbow Brite in another life.)
● Let them set for at least a few hours, for best results, store in a covered container in a coll place for a few days.
Rum Balls Ingredients:
● 21 Oreo Cookies
● ½ cup Confectioners sugar
● 1 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
● 3 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
● 2 TBSP Corn Syrup
● 1/3 cup Rum
● Decorator or Granulated White Sugar, garnish
Rum Balls Mise en Place:
Rum Balls Directions:
● Place the whole Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until finely crushed.
● In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs, ½ cup confectioners sugar, 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, and 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
● Blend in 2 tablespoons of corn syrup and 1/3 cup of rum.
● Wet your hand hands and shape the rum ball dough into balls.
● Roll in decorator or granulated white sugar to coat.
● Place on a parchment or wax paper-covered baking pan to allow to set-up.
● Store covered, in a cool place for several days before serving.
- 21 Oreo Cookies
- ½ cup Confectionery sugar
- 1 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBSP Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup Rum
- Decorator or Granulated White Sugar, for garnish
• Place whole Oreo cookies in food processor and pulse until finely crushed.
• In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs, confectionery sugar, walnuts and cocoa.
• Blend in corn syrup and rum.
• Wet your hand hands and shape Rum ball dough into balls.
• Roll in decorator or granulated white sugar to coat.
• Place on a parchment or wax paper covered baking pan to allow to set-up.
• Store covered, in a cool place for several days before serving.
If you enjoy no-bake holiday cookies, you may want to try some of these delectable no-bake holiday cookie recipes:
● Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Bites Recipe– These simple to make chocolate truffles come with a fun raspberry surprise inside! A fun addition to your holiday cookie platter, this Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Bites Recipe is truly tasty.
● No Bake Pecan Praline Bourbon Balls Recipe – This crowd-pleasing, easy to make No-Bake Pecan Praline Bourbon Balls are a great cookie to make when you need a lot of cookies for a party or gathering. These delicious cookies are tasty treats that hold up well in the refrigerator.
● No Bake Coconut Balls Recipe – It is a cookie! It is a candy! It is two treats in one. This is an easy to make, creamy, and delicious no-bake coconut ball recipe with a nutty surprise in the middle. These coconut balls are a delightful sweet treat your whole family will enjoy. Yum!
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!