DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace
Make your own all day diffuser necklace using this easy step by step instruction tutorial. The possibilities are endless for design and scent when you make your own essential oil diffuser necklace. Enjoy your favorite scent all day long when you make your own DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace!
So remember the DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelets? Well the directions are basically the same. You can make your necklace chunky like the bracelets, or more streamlined like the necklace shown here.
DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace Materials:
● 1 mm Stretch Magic Cord – to make the length in this tutorial, you will need 25 inches
● Lava Stone Diffuser Beads
● Craft Beads for Jewelry
● Essential Oil
DIY Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace Directions:
● Select the beads you want to use to make your necklace. Choose whether or not you want one or more focal beads at tge bottom of the necklace and how you would like them spaces (you will be spacing evenly), one large lava stone.
● You will need to choose what lava stone you want to use. There are a ton of options on Amazon or Michaels and other places like Etsy and AliExpress.
● Make certain not to get polished lava stone, as it does not absorb the oils as well. You can purchase lava stone beads in a ton of different sizes, shapes, and colors. Choose what works best for you. May people like to make a multi-color strand so they have a lot of options without having to make several different strands of beads.
● Next you will need to measure out about 25″ of the Stretch Magic Cord.
This necklace used 40 black pearls, 10 gray oval beads, 3 oval lava stones, 14 blue crystal beads. You can use anything you like!! Highly customizable to your taste.
● Now it is time to string the beads.
● For this style of necklace, the lava stone bead goes on first as it will be centered.
● Add the cCraft beads for jewelryto either side of the lava stone. Simply string the cord through the hold in the jewelry bead.
● Note this is a symmetrical necklace. The first lava stone is the middle. Each piece of jewelry bead has an identical mate on the other side. The lava stones were also spaced with only one bead in between.
● Once you are finished stringing your beads, it is time to tie your necklace.
● It is a simple tie. You will need to take both strands and put them together. Then, you will wrap them around your finger, then put both string through the hole, and pull it tight. Grab each string and tug with gentle firmness to make sure the beads are snugly fit together. A tight knot is essential.
● For the final step, once your knot is really tight you will trim the string down to about ¼” long.
● To diffuse oils, you simply place a drop of your favorite essential oil on each lava stone bead allow the essential oil to soak in to the lava stone bead and enjoy the scent all day!
● You can switch the oil as often as every day if you want. The scent should last all day. When you switch the scent the next day, the scents will not mix.
● Remember, white lava stone will absorb the color of the oil you place on it, so some discoloration may occur.
Some essential oil suggestions:
● Lavender Essential Oil
● Grapefruit Essential Oil
● Rose Essential Oil
● Lilac Essentail Oil
● Jasmine Essential Oil
But really any favorite Essential Oil should work.
● There is no limit to the color choices, essential oil choices or bead choices the possibilities are simply endless when making a diffuser necklace.
● Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
● For more DIY Beauty posts on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
● For more Craft posts on Ann’s Entitled Life, click here.
Love this! I will be on the look out at my favorite bead and gem stores for lava rock. Thank you for sharing.
Amanda @ The Kolb Corner says
Great idea! I need to make one of these. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday.