Hanging out in the garden gives great joy! It is a happy place for many people. If you have a friend or relative who is a gardener at any level – from beginner to master – here are 15 special gifts to buy for the gardener in your life!
15 Special Gifts for Gardeners
I’ve always called my time out in the garden “dirt therapy.” Nothing makes me more comfortable than weeding, landscaping and rearranging in my gardens. This got me thinking about other gardeners and how I can add value to their love of gardening. I’ve been given some lovely gifts that fostered my own love of gardening. I thought I would share some of those with you.
Wondering what do you give a gardener for Christmas, Birthday, Mother’s Day, or just because? Here are some terrific ideas:
● Garden Kneeler and Seat – The older we get the harder gardening gets on our knees and back. This kneeler and seat folds for easy storage and gives me somewhere to sit when you need a break in the middle of a row.
● Work Gloves for Gardening – Gardening is rough on the hands; there are no two ways about it. Flower gardening does seem to be a bit rougher than vegetable gardening, in most cases. These protective gloves can help take a bit of the sting out.
● Tiller – This electric tiller is a must-have for any gardener who has to turn over fresh soil. It can save hours of prep work.
● Garden Pruners – Throughout the spring and summer, the work in the garden seems to be never-ending. There is always a weed that needs to be picked or a plant that needs pruning. These garden pruners help save time.
● Waterproof Garden Clogs – Having a pair of shoes specifically for gardening is such a fantastic idea for any gardener. They don’t have to ruin their shoes. Show up at their door with a surprise gift of a pair of waterproof garden clogs.
● Cocktail Garden Kit – For the garden lover who also enjoys being creative behind the bar, the cocktail garden kit provides everything the gardener needs to grow a cocktail garden. This kit was put together by an award-winning mixologist, and comes with original drink recipes to keep your garden-loving friend busy creating unique cocktails!
● Kibaga Mason Bee House – Ask any gardener, and he’ll talk for hours about the importance of bees to the garden. This Mason Bee House turns any garden into a haven for bees. Inviting pollinators into the garden makes for a more productive and beautiful space. (They come in all shapes and sizes.)
● Glass and Driftwood Wind Chime – Turn any garden into a peaceful oasis with this wind chime. Made from sandblasted glass and found wood, this windchime is an excellent addition to a garden with relaxing seating areas.
● Drill Till – If the gardener you love is working in soil that has already been planted once, then the drill till is perfect for getting the garden ready for planting in the spring. It loosens the earth, has a bulb planter, and helps weed later on!
● Bamboo Herb Markers – These beautiful herb markers make an excellent gift for any gardener who loves to grow herbs. They’re eco-friendly and will look incredible in any garden.
● Friends for Life Garden Stepping Stone – Stepping stones make beautiful accent pieces for any decorative garden. This one, engraved with “Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life” is a great gift piece. It’s made of polyresin, so it’s not too heavy, and reviews indicate it should hold up for a long time in your garden!
● Sometimes I Wet My Plants T-Shirt – This cute T-Shirt makes a great gift for any gardener with a sense of humor. It’s available in a variety of colors, in a cotton-poly blend, and is machine washable.
● The Gardener’s Logbook – Some gardeners love to journal their gardening season. This journal is perfect for recording what worked, what didn’t, the weather, and what you did or didn’t do to the garden.
● Gardening Bangle Bracelet – Occasionally, the gardener leaves the garden. But when they do, they can take this charming bangle bracelet with them to remind their lovely garden. Made of stainless steel, it won’t rust or tarnish even if it does end up in the garden!
● Grow Dammit sign – for when the plants need a stern talking-to. Also great for problem growing areas.
Identifying the perfect gift for your favorite gardener is fairly straightforward, you just need to figure out what would suit their level of gardening. From home decor to garden decor to tools of the trade, all these are gift ideas that will surely bring a smile to that gardener.
You might also be interested in these gift ideas:
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!