Apple cider vinegar cleaning is a wonderful, natural way to clean grease and grime around the house. If you are not certain of the best uses for apple cider vinegar when cleaning, I have a handy list of tips and tricks you can use which will help leave your house sparkling clean and smelling great.
10 Tips and Tricks for Cleaning with Apple Cider Vinegar
Many people do not care for compound chemicals in their everyday cleaners. Some people think that harsher chemicals like bleach and ammonia may have a negative effect on their health over time, and prefer not to use cleaners with possible side effects.
Added to that, many of the cleaning products we use in our home are only good for a few items and we find ourselves using many different cleaning products in the house. How many people have a bucket full of different store bought cleaners – each for a specific use?
If you would like to go a little greener with your products while also using a product that can replace many of the things you are using in your home, consider apple cider vinegar. Not only is it cost effective and safe to use (note: never use vinegar on marble… it can cause damage over time… ask me how I know), but you can also use apple cider vinegar for a TON of different things.
There are hundreds of uses for apple cider vinegar, but to give you an idea of what is possible, here are ten ways you can use apple cider vinegar around the house!
1. Cooking in the kitchen can leave our surfaces greasy and sticky. Use apple cider vinegar as a degreaser to get the gunk off of your countertops, stove, and cabinets.
2. Stubborn drain clogs can leave you feeling frustrated. Instead of using liquid drain cleaner, you can make short work of a quick clog using apple cider vinegar and baking soda. (Note: sometimes a drain clog is just too forgone and a plumber call or DIY snake-job is necessary.)
3. Our houses can sometimes have nasty odors, and sprays can contain manmade chemicals. Diffusers can help to create a pleasant smell, but they are often not great for quick odor removal. When you smell an ugly odor, get it gone quickly by placing a bowl of apple cider vinegar in the room with the smell. The apple cider vinegar will work to make that stench a distant memory.
4. Instead of purchasing expensive screen wipes, use a soft microfiber cloth with a solution of water and vinegar to rub away stubborn spots on your electronics. (Note: always test in an inconspicuous spot, and damp, never wet!)
5. Weed killer can be an extremely toxic substance to use, especially in your kitchen garden with items you intend to eat. Instead of using poison, try to spray weeds down with apple cider vinegar. It will kill those weeds, and keep your garden toxin free.
6. Training young pets, or caring for old ones can take its toll on your carpets, leaving them a touch smelly and stained. Get your apple cider vinegar, and go to work on those stains. The use of apple cider vinegar with a touch of baking soda will neutralize those odors and give you a nice clean carpet again.
7. Cleaning fish and poultry can occasionally leave our kitchen drains with a nasty odor. Dump some undiluted apple cider vinegar down the drain. That should get rid of the odor and leave your kitchen smelling fresh again. (Note: run the garbage disposal beforehand to clean out any lingering food particles.)
8. Fruits and vegetables can come coated in dirt and pesticide. Instead of investing in expensive vegetable washes, make your own using apple cider vinegar and water. Your veggies will be fresh, clean, and ready to eat.
9. Get ready to grab your newspaper and your elbow grease. Clean your windows like grandma used to do with apple cider vinegar and old newspapers. Ok, you can skip the newspaper and use modern paper towels. Mix half vinegar and half water into a spray bottle and go!
10. A wonderful multi-purpose spray is everyone’s favorite. You can grab, spray, wipe, and move on. Apple cider vinegar will be able to do this job for you. Mix a mixture of half water and half apple cider vinegar to start disinfecting everything a spray can reach.
Apple cider vinegar is an amazing product. With it, you can clean, disinfect, deodorize, and even make a great salad when you are done tidying up the place. Using apple cider vinegar in your home can help reduce the number of store-bought cleaning products in your house without sacrificing cleaning power.
What do you use apple cider vinegar to clean in your home!?
Note: None of this is meant as medical advice. I am not a doctor, and do not play one on the internet. Please consult a physician if you have any questions about using apple cider vinegar so your doctor can better explain to you the benefits, possible side effects, and any warnings about apple cider vinegar.
If you would like more cleaning tips and tricks, read these great articles:
• How To Care For Wood Furniture – Simple and easy step-by-step instructions on how to care for your wood furniture so it might last a lifetime! These expert tips will help keep your wood furniture looking beautiful.
• Twice a Year Cleaning Secret For Sparkling Shower Doors – Only clean your shower doors twice a year and have them sparkling clean all year long!? What’s the secret? Well let me tell you…
• 15 DIY Cleaning Formulas to Make and Use at Home – Homemade cleaning formulas are some of the easiest “recipes” you will ever make! Many DIY cleaning formulas work as well, or better than, commercially made cleaning products. Here are some homemade cleaning products for the kitchen, bath – the entire home!
• Disclosure: the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!