Tired of cereal for breakfast? This delicious creamy avocado breakfast toasties is a quick, delicious breakfast that will fill you up! Served open-faced or topped with a second slice of bread, this simple little breakfast toastie is loaded with flavor.
Creamy Avocado Breakfast Toasties Recipe
Toasties are so darned easy to make. Usually topped with a second piece of bread, there is no reason you can’t eat your toasties open-faced!
Creamy Avocado Breakfast Toasties Notes:
• You could substitute bacon for the pancetta if you like. This is a wonderful write up on the difference between Bacon and Pancetta (hint: it is all in curing process)
• Aim for a rustic, whole wheat bread that is seedy and flavorful. You can, of course, use any type of bread you and your family prefer.
• In a pinch, you could substitute small curd cottage cheese for the ricotta cheese, although it will not be as sweet nor as creamy – although it will be lower in fat.
• This recipe serves one person. You can easily double, triple, quadruple, etc the recipe to make breakfast for your entire family.
Creamy Avocado Breakfast Toasties Ingredients:
• 2 slices Pancetta
• 1 slice Whole Wheat Bread
• 3 slices Avocado
• ¼ cup Ricotta Cheese
• dash Italian seasoning
• to taste, Salt
• to taste, Black Pepper
Creamy Avocado Breakfast Toasties Mise en Place:
Creamy Avocado Breakfast Toasties Directions:
• Fry the pancetta until crispy.
• Toast the whole wheat bread lightly.
• Slice the avocado.
• Mix together ¼ cup of ricotta cheese, a dash of Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
• Spread the ricotta mixture top of the toast.
• Top the cheese mixture with three avocado slices
• Top the avocado slices with two slices of pancetta.
• Season again with salt and pepper if preferred.
• Top with a second piece of toasted bread, or leave open faced.
- 2 slices Pancetta
- 1 slice Whole Wheat Bread
- 3 slices Avocado
- ¼ cup Ricotta Cheese
- dash Italian seasoning
- to taste, Salt
- to taste, Black Pepper
- Fry the pancetta until crispy.
- Toast the whole wheat bread lightly.
- Slice the avocado.
- Mix together ¼ cup of ricotta cheese, a dash of Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Spread the ricotta mixture top of the toast.
- Top the cheese mixture with three avocado slices.
- Top the avocado slices with two slices of pancetta.
- Season again with salt and pepper if preferred.
- Top with a second piece of toasted bread, or leave open faced.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
TECHEF - Onyx Collection, 12-Inch Frying Pan, coated with New Teflon Platinum Non-Stick Coating (PFOA Free) (12-inch)
KitchenMade Measuring Cups Stainless Steel 6 Piece Stackable Set
Vettore Non Slip Poly Cutting Boards With Juice Groove Dishwasher Safe BPA Free Plastic FDA Approved Rubber Feet (2 Piece Set, Black)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1147Total Fat: 99gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 67gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 839mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 30gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g
If you like easy breakfast recipes, try one of these delcious recipes to break your moring fast:
• Artichoke and Cheese Frittata Recipe – This fabulous Artichoke and Cheese Frittata is a wonderful breakfast. Made with leftover vegetables this cheesy-good frittata is one the whole family will enjoy!
• Crispy Parmesan Potato Cakes Recipe – Have leftover cooked potatoes? Try this easy, tasty leftover mashed potato recipe! These Crispy Parmesan Potato Cakes are delicious for breakfast and make good use of leftover mashed potatoes.
• Easy Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Donuts Recipe – Easy, delicious, fresh and tasty homemade donuts! What could possibly be better? Now you can make your own donuts with this easy 4-ingredient step-by-step tutorial. They taste like the old-fashioned donuts Grandma used to make, only these are prepped and ready in no time flat!
• Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!