This fabulous Artichoke and Cheese Frittata is a wonderful breakfast, or breakfast for dinner, recipe. Made with leftover vegetables this cheesy-good frittata is one the whole family will enjoy!
Artichoke and Cheese Frittata Recipe
A frittata is an egg-based dish in which you combine leftover meats, cheeses and vegetables. It is the ultimate stockpile/leftover dish. This is hubby’s version.
Making a frittata is easy! These simple step by steps on how to make a frittata – in this case an easy artichoke and cheese frittata, will have you making this easy breakfast, lunch or dinner dish in no time flat! Seriously – a frittata is a “use up the leftovers” dish that is truly simple to make!
● You need a total of one cup of Sauteed Mushrooms, Asparagus Tips or Spinach. You can mix and match (1/3 cup each, ½ cup each of two, etc), NOT one cup of each.
● You need a total of one cup of shredded cheese. Good choices are brie, Swiss, Gouda or asiago. You can mix and match (¼ cup each, ½ cup each of two, etc), NOT one cup of each.
● You can substitute 12 ounces of egg beaters for six large eggs.
● I list this as 4 servings, but if serving to children I would say it is 4-6 servings. Depends on the appetites involved.
Artichoke and Cheese Frittata Ingredients:
● 2 TBSP Butter, divided
● ¼ cup canned Artichokes
● 1 cup diced, Mushrooms, Asparagus Tips or Spinach (mix and match if you like, this is total one cup)
● 1 cup Cheese, shredded or diced – use brie, Swiss, Gouda or asiago
● ¼ Onion, thinly sliced
● ¼ cup Half and Half
● 6 Large Eggs, lightly beaten (or 12oz egg beaters)
Artichoke and Cheese Frittata Mise en Place:
Artichoke and Cheese Frittata Directions:
● Preheat oven to 350º.
● Grease a 1 quart casserole or quiche pan with 1 TBSP butter
● Drain artichokes, quarter them and place them in the bottom of the baking dish.
● Dice or shred cheese.
● Spread cheese atop the artichokes.
● In a small pan, sauté onions in 1 TBSP butter. As they soften, add mushroom, asparagus tips or spinach to onion, heat until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
● In medium sized bowl beat eggs and the half and half together.
● Add sautéed vegetables, stir to combine.
● Pour egg mixture over artichokes and cheese.
● Bake at 350º for 40 minutes or until set and edges are slightly browned.
- ¼ cup Half and Half
- ¼ Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cheese shredded or diced - use brie, Swiss, Gouda or asiago
- 1 cup diced, Mushrooms
- ¼ cup canned Artichokes
- 2 TBSP Butter, divided
- 6 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease a 1-quart casserole or quiche pan with 1 TBSP butter.
- Drain artichokes, quarter them and place them in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Dice or shred cheese.
- Spread cheese atop the artichokes.
- In a small pan, sauté onions in 1 TBSP butter. As they soften, add mushroom, asparagus tips, or spinach to onion, heat until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- In medium-sized bowl beat eggs and the half and half together.
- Add sautéed vegetables, stir to combine.
- Bake at 350º for 40 minutes or until set and edges are slightly browned.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Freezer-to-Oven Safe 3 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid, 9 x 13
Oven to Table Casserole Dish Set - 100% Stoneware Ceramic Baking Dishes for Cooking & Serving, Lasagna Pan Bakeware is Dishwasher & Microwave Safe - 13" x 10.5" & 11" x 9" Cookware Pans
Good Cook 04307 N Take Baking Pan, 9"x13", Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 373mgSodium: 604mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 31g
If you would like more breakfast, lunch or dinner bake recipes, you may want to try these:
● Pork Sausage Casserole – An easy to make, simply outstanding, pork sausage casserole recipe. Great for breakfast, or as a dinner entree or side dish, this one your whole family will love!
● Sausage Breakfast Pie Recipe – this has become one of my favorite recipes over the years! This yummy sausage breakfast pie recipe is a really great meal for breakfast, brunch or dinner! This breakfast pie recipe freezes fabulously so makes for a great freezer casserole meal.
● Disclosure the links in this post may be affiliate links.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!