Arnold Palmer Lemon Cupcake Recipe
The great taste of the classic Arnold Palmer drink in a delicious, ready-to-go cupcake!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Ingredients Arnold Palmer Lemon Cake Recipe:
• 2 ½ cups Flour
• 2 tsp Baking Powder
• ½ tsp Baking Soda
• ¼ tsp Salt
• 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
• 1 ½ cups Sugar
• 2 Eggs, room temperature
• 3 Egg Yolks, room temperature
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 tsp Grated Lemon Zest
• ¼ cup Lemon Juice
• ½ cup Whole Milk
Ingredients Arnold Palmer Lemon Frosting :
• 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
• 1 cup Unsalted Butter
• ½ cup Prepared Sweet Tea
• 2 tsp Lemon Extract
• 2 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
• Preheat oven to 350°
• Line cupcake tin with paper liners
• Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt together in a bowl; set aside.
• Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add the whole eggs one at a time; mix well.
• Add the egg yolks one at a time until mixed well.
• Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest until fully mixed.
• Begin slowly adding the lemon juice on low speed.
• Alternately add the set aside dry ingredients and the milk until combined.
• Increase the speed of the mixer to medium, beat well until batter is smooth scraping sides so that the batter is well mixed.
• Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
• Bake cupcakes for 15-18 minutes at 350° until done.
• Allow cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes before frosting.
• To make the frosting:
• Combine confectioners sugar and unsalted butter in a bowl; beat on medium until well blended.
• Add the prepared sweet tea, lemon extract and heavy whipping cream; beat until well blended and strng peaks are formed.
• To frost:
• Fill your pastry bag with star tip with frosting.
• Frost cooled cupcakes by piping frosting in a circular motion around the cupcake to form a peak.
• Makes 24 servings Arnold Palmer Lemon Cupcakes
I don’t know who first made these delicious Arnold Palmer-type cupcakes. There is a Paula Deen recipe that is quite famous, but I have seen recipes online that predate hers by several years. It could simply be someone decided they loved the taste of an Arnold Palmer, and decided to make cupcakes – which is exactly what I did when I decided to invent a Whiskey Sour Cookies recipe!
Anyhooooo, if you love the taste of an Arnold Palmer drink, give this cupcake adaption a try. They are totally delicious!
• If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!