Whiskey Sour Cookies Recipe
The great taste of a classic Whiskey Sour Cocktail in cookie form with this wonderful and easy to make Whiskey Sour Cookies Recipe.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
● ½ cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
● ¾ cup Sugar
● 2 Large Eggs
● 2 cups Flour
● 1½ tsp Baking Powder
● ½ cup Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon
● 1 tsp Lemon Extract
● ½ cup Sugar
● ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
● 3 TBSP Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon
● 1 tsp Lemon Extract
● 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
● 15 Maraschino Cherries, halved for garnish
● Preheat oven to 400°
● Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl, set aside.
● Using your mixer, cream butter and sugar together.
● Add eggs, beat well.
● Add half of flour mixture, mix well.
● Add Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon to the batter, combine.
● Add the rest of the flour mixture and the lemon extract, mix well.
● Drop by tablespoons 2″ apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
● Bake at 400°for 9-11 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly brown.
● When you remove the baked cookies from the oven, immediately remove the cookies onto a wire baking rack to cool.
● Allow the cookies to cool completely.
● Prepare the frosting:
● Melt sugar and butter in a medium sauce pan over low heat, stir until sugar is dissolved.
● Remove from heat, add the Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon (be careful, this will spit and pop).
● Quickly add the lemon extract and confectioners sugar, stir until smooth.
● Cool frosting slightly, and frost cookies (leave the frosting in the pot).
● Garnish frosted cookie immediately with half a maraschino cherry.
● Allow the frosted cookie to set on a wire rack until frosting is dry.
● Note: if frosting in the pot hardens too much to spread, return to stove under low heat for a few seconds, stirring until frosting is again spreading consistency
Makes 30 Whiskey Sour Cookies
Today is day 11 of 15 Days of Holiday Sweets! This Whiskey Sour Cookies Recipe came about due to a challenge from Maker’s Mark! They sent a number of bloggers a lovely #boozybaking package, and then challenged us to come with a recipe based upon a classic cocktail.
Well, the Whiskey Sour Cocktail is one of my all time favorite cocktails, so it was a no-brainer for me to try and replicate the sweet-tart taste of a whiskey sour into a cookie. And, I succeeded! It took me a number of tries, but this final recipe does taste like a whiskey sour. I made the finished product several times just to be sure the recipe really did work. It does.
If you enjoy the taste of a whiskey sour, give this cookie recipe a try!
A great big thank-you to Maker’s Mark for not only the Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon used to produce these unique cookies, but for the challenge itself. This is not something I would have tried on my own, and yet the cookies were so successful, I will be making them again very soon.
● If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for the Ann’s Entitled Life weekly newsletter, and never miss another article!
● Disclosure: Maker’s mark supplied me with the Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon used in this recipe, but the recipe itself is my own creation.